Thread: Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

1. UL Tennis Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

LAFAYETTE – The Louisiana Men's Tennis team extended its record to 7-1 on the season after beating reigning Southland Conference Champions Texas A&M Corpus Christi 5-2 on Saturday afternoon.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

2. Default Re: Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

Solid road win by the Cajuns. They went to Corpus Christi and defeated the reigning Southland Conference Champions 5-2.

This team is doing this down one of their only 2 seniors on the team. Pearse Dolan who was a 2nd team All SBC player last year, is out with a shoulder issue for the entire season. Pearse was our #2 player last year and was expected to play a big role in 2020. I spoke to him a few weeks ago while at one of the matches. He seems to be on pace to graduate and is unsure if he will come back to play next year. This sucks for the team, which is really good to be without such a big piece of their team.

He was out there pulling for his team the entire time and helping out where ever he could. Guys, if you don't know this team can be really good this year and if you are a fan of tennis you should go out and catch a match or two. They are free to the public and every home match offers free food. Here is an upcoming schedule of who we are playing and what they are serving.

2/8 UTSA Jimmy Johns
    2/14 Texas A&M Corpus Christi Panera Bread
    2/14 Northern Arizona Deano's Pizza
    2/29 William Carey Gumbo from Cajun Claws
    2/29 William Carey Jambalaya from Cajun Claws
    3/27 Coastal Carolina Crawfish from Cajun Claws
    3/29 App State Jambalaya from Cajun Claws
    4/8 UTA Crawfish from Cajun Claws

This team is made up of 3 freshman (all 3 are really good), Stefan Gazo, Karlo Kajin and Ivailo Kermedchiev (who is the best freshman amongst the group).
    2 sophomores Kacper Dworak and Jan Galka (Galka could end up being an All American one day)
    2 juniors Silvio Cocito-Monoc and Peirce Gilheany (2nd Team ALL SBC)
    2 seniors Pearse Dolan (2nd Team All SBC and out for the season) and Jamie Fraser (2nd Team All SBC)

Default Re: Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Solid road win by the Cajuns. They went to Corpus Christi and defeated the reigning Southland Conference Champions 5-2.

This team is doing this down one of their only 2 seniors on the team. Pearse Dolan who was a 2nd team All SBC player last year, is out with a shoulder issue for the entire season. Pearse was our #2 player last year and was expected to play a big role in 2020. I spoke to him a few weeks ago while at one of the matches. He seems to be on pace to graduate and is unsure if he will come back to play next year. This sucks for the team, which is really good to be without such a big piece of their team.

He was out there pulling for his team the entire time and helping out where ever he could. Guys, if you don't know this team can be really good this year and if you are a fan of tennis you should go out and catch a match or two. They are free to the public and every home match offers free food. Here is an upcoming schedule of who we are playing and what they are serving.

2/8 UTSA Jimmy Johns
    2/14 Texas A&M Corpus Christi Panera Bread
    2/14 Northern Arizona Deano's Pizza
    2/29 William Carey Gumbo from Cajun Claws
    2/29 William Carey Jambalaya from Cajun Claws
    3/27 Coastal Carolina Crawfish from Cajun Claws
    3/29 App State Jambalaya from Cajun Claws
    4/8 UTA Crawfish from Cajun Claws

This team is made up of 3 freshman (all 3 are really good), Stefan Gazo, Karlo Kajin and Ivailo Kermedchiev (who is the best freshman amongst the group).
    2 sophomores Kacper Dworak and Jan Galka (Galka could end up being an All American one day)
    2 juniors Silvio Cocito-Monoc and Peirce Gilheany (2nd Team ALL SBC)
    2 seniors Pearse Dolan (2nd Team All SBC and out for the season) and Jamie Fraser (2nd Team All SBC)
    Thanks for all the info! I will make it out there and support the Cajuns.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

Awesome. Hope to see you out there. I had the jambalaya from Cajun claws and it was really good.

Default Re: Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Awesome. Hope to see you out there. I had the jambalaya from Cajun claws and it was really good.
    I see they are the primary food sponsor; we need to get some Cajuns over there to support them!

6. Default Re: Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

Yes we do. I spoke to the two guys doing the cooking. They are located in Breaux bridge. Super nice guys. Said they have been supporting UL tennis for a short while. They enjoy coming out and cooking for everyone. I am pumped about the upcoming crawfish boils.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Defeats Reigning Southland Conference Champs, 5-2

The fun thing about the tennis is the coaches and players are super approachable. They are usually walking around hanging out next to the courts and you can walk up and talk to any of them.

And for those of you that have never seen college tennis it is not like the pro tour. It is more like a Davis cup atmosphere. Plenty of cheering during the match. Players will talk to each other on the courts around them. "Let's go boys" and "that's another break" being yelled from court to court. It's a neat fan experience.

Thread Information