Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    According to YouGov’s ratings of active sports personalities, 91 percent of Americans have heard of LeBron James and 88 percent have heard of Tom Brady, but only 43 percent have heard of Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels, baseball’s best player.
    If he played for the Yankees it would be different, but Trout is loyal and plays for a team that usually is not in the postseason.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Trouts net worth is about $630 million as a pro athlete but can go out to dinner without most people even knowing who he is.sounds like a f’n genius to me

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You used the word estimate 4 times in your post. The article uses the word projection. The definition of projection is prediction. That's all an estimate is.
    So you're confirming what I said? Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Did you read the article you posted? "On Wednesday, Wojnarowski and Bobby Marks reported the backlash from China has cost the NBA around $150-200 million."
    This has nothing to do with the salary cap which is what you and others were arguing. So yes, i've read the article and I already acknowledged that there was going to be damage from China which is why the original "PROJECTION" was reduced to $115 million.

5. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So you're confirming what I said? Awesome.
    That is correct, I was just befuddled as to why you would disagree with yourself.

5-9 in conference with 6 to play South Al on the road next up.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is correct, I was just befuddled as to why you would disagree with yourself.
    I wouldn't so you don't have to worry.

Marlin acting like a total jerk on TV with his assistants holding him back and then saying he doesn’t know why he was tossed.

Wasn’t Broadhead suspended for this type of behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Marlin acting like a total jerk on TV with his assistants holding him back and then saying he doesn’t know why he was tossed.

Wasn’t Broadhead suspended for this type of behavior?
    Marlin acted like that against Georgia State as well. The pressure of losing has gotten to him and it’s embarassing.

10. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

I’m not a Marlin supporter, and I’m fine with him on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Marlin acting like a total jerk on TV with his assistants holding him back and then saying he doesn't know why he was tossed.

Wasn't Broadhead suspended for this type of behavior?
    Neither are the first UL coaches to blow up like that. Bobby Paschal blew up in Blackham one night. And baseball with I think it was Brad Kelly throwing a pizza at home plate.

Marlin won't be the last either

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Neither are the first UL coaches to blow up like that. Bobby Paschal blew up in Blackham one night. And baseball with I think it was Brad Kelly throwing a pizza at home plate.

Marlin won't be the last either
    I think the issue is that it’s happening more and more. It’s become common that he blows up on the refs, opposing players and even his own players/staff, all while having to be fully restrained. He’s acting like Bob Knight and he’s no Bob Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I think the issue is that it’s happening more and more. It’s become common that he blows up on the refs, opposing players and even his own players/staff, all while having to be fully restrained. He’s acting like Bob Knight and he’s no Bob Knight.
    He's gone from Bobby Big Fish to Bobby Big Fitz

Just pointing out that Gonzaga (WCC), Dayton (A10), SDSU (MWC) and Houston (AAC) are all in the top 25. I know some are going to say that they are different programs and should be considered major programs. But they just prove that you can win big as a Mid-Major.

Not with this staff though.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Just pointing out that Gonzaga (WCC), Dayton (A10), SDSU (MWC) and Houston (AAC) are all in the top 25. I know some are going to say that they are different programs and should be considered major programs. But they just prove that you can win big as a Mid-Major.

Not with this staff though.
    Outside of Gonzaga, none of those teams should be considered majors. You are right though, there is no reason we can't win as a mid major. I have seen on this site that people say that CBB is controlled by P5 schools and dominated at the top but I think the mid major has been playing a big role in the landscape for a while now.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information