Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

1. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We all hope that. Someone said they are not going this year because of the product. I described a better product. I wonder if people will go see a product like that. Jay says no, others say yes, while I say you need to do that two years in a row and people will go in Year 2.
    Like Football?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Like Football?
    Football shot itself in the foot with the Coastal loss at home in 18 and then got smoked by a Tulane in the bowl. Let’s hope the positive momentum from 19 leads to better crowds in 20.
    I have my eye on week 2. Wyoming at home. Meanwhile, LSu plays Texas at home on the same day. That game will tell us a lot about our fan base.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    For every article y’all are posting there are articles saying otherwise. I bet we are at the top or near it in “basketball attendance” this year. There are several ways to skew the numbers in attendance. There are articles from the commissioner discussing decline in revenue. The political BS, the super teams, the one and dones, aau, lack of mid majors getting in are hurting the sport. Also particularly in the south the growth of baseball and softball has an impact. All of those things are driving fans away
    What I just posted to you is FACT. The decline they are speaking of is the anticipated revenue they would have had prior to the China debacle and the Houston GM. They are estimated a $3 million dollar loss in projected profits due to that deal but the fact is the Salary Cap is going up. I mean, we aren't pulling it out of air. You can go look it up yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We all hope that. Someone said they are not going this year because of the product. I described a better product. I wonder if people will go see a product like that. Jay says no, others say yes, while I say you need to do that two years in a row and people will go in Year 2.
    An energized fan base would go to see that product. However, we all know what it will take to do that and its not happening soon.

However, if you want to talk about a sport that may be dying, look to MLB.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/01/07.cord-revenues/

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What I just posted to you is FACT. The decline they are speaking of is the anticipated revenue they would have had prior to the China debacle and the Houston GM. They are estimated a $3 million dollar loss in projected profits due to that deal but the fact is the Salary Cap is going up. I mean, we aren't pulling it out of air. You can go look it up yourself.
    And what I posted is FACT, people are turning away from basketballI played my entire life, had season tickets for almost 15 years with a group of about 20 that sat togetheryou know how many still go? Zeronot one, and it isn’t just a marlin deal. The product sucks, they flop, they jack up shots, majority don’t play defense and now it’s becoming WWE with all the drama. I did look it up myself, I’m not pulling it out of thin air. it’s fine nobody is chastising you for continuing to like basketball. The salary cap isn’t going up as much as expected. Literally just search nba ratings and the entire first 3 pages of results is how much the ratings are down. It’s not the same game at all levels. The China debacle, is in fact a debacle that cost them viewers and fans. It’s only going to get worse IMO and the super teams that can just buy championships will ruin it for the future. Is it really even a salary cap if you just pay a penalty if you go over? Further cementing the hierarchy of teams with all the money in big markets? They turned to making their jerseys a billboard to make money by selling ad Space. Little Rock would have not gotten ina 30-5 team that won a first round game would have been left out without winning the tourney. They say well you didn’t play anyone, but then the “anyone” won’t schedule you. And don’t even get me started on the ___ sho trash that is AAU

Handing out $300 plus million guaranteed contracts will come back to haunt you eventually. That’s also just the business side, the sport itself, the actual game is growing. However, if baseball isn’t smart, daddy/travel ball will do to it what aau is doing to basketball and when all the colleges get in the financial race in baseball the same things will happen.

8. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Lots of whining here. How about a little cheese?

Lots of whining here. How about a little cheese?
    There are like 8 people who post about basketball, people don’t even care enough to complain about it, that’s saying a lot on this board. More people care about parking during the car show

10. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

There are like 8 people who post about basketball, people don’t even care enough to complain about it, that’s saying a lot on this board. More people care about parking during the car show
    There are about 8 people who post.

There are about 8 people who post.
    Exactlyit’s basketball season

12. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Exactlyit’s basketball season
    Any season.

Any season.
    We’ll see.give it 10 days

MLB ____ty Tv contracts is what is holding the leauge back .I am able to watch division 3 Eastern European but not the Astros .

It's the main reason baseball has no mega stars on par with the NBA or NFL

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    MLB ____ty Tv contracts is what is holding the leauge back .I am able to watch division 3 Eastern European but not the Astros .

It's the main reason baseball has no mega stars on par with the NBA or NFL
    If they get rid of the blackout restrictions on MLB.tv they could make a killing.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information