Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

1. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    On injuries 1 or 2 times is misfortune 3 or more times it's a coaching issue
    Trainer

2. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Nothing is the trainer unless you’re saying he advised Farmer and Maggard yet both refused the Big Fish warning about improper or bad training. He gets all the glory, all the loses. That’s just how a head coach is judged. Players get individual game glory.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    But he'd probably win and be gone in a year or two. Probably cheaper than Marlin. And probably the NCAA would come a calling.
    Pitino was cleared of all accusations at Louisville. He also admitted that he would have fired himself if he were the AD since he was in charge.

His contract at Iona is absurdly low salary with an astronomical buyout. That is his last coaching job.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Just looked, no players in transfer portal from UL. Eggleston for stAte is in the portal.

5. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Our players love it here.

6. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Also Kashawn Brewton of Coastal Carolina is in the Portal, he was averaging 14.5 PPG at Coastal.
    Also a Starter at Little Rock in Jaizec Lottie
    Also leading scorer at Troy Darien Adams

7. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

I innocently enough asked should ncaa have made a bracket just for funanswer i got was no, because schools wouldnt want to pay tourny bonus to coachesironic it works opposite for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I innocently enough asked should ncaa have made a bracket just for funanswer i got was no, because schools wouldnt want to pay tourny bonus to coachesironic it works opposite for us.
    Read somewhere might be 2021 football season until fans are allowed with the loss of ticket revenue might have to dismiss sports team let's get ride of WBB and MBB try it again a few years down the road

Read somewhere might be 2021 football season until fans are allowed with the loss of ticket revenue might have to dismiss sports team let's get ride of WBB and MBB try it again a few years down the road
    Yeah, no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, no thanks
    Like not start them back up again I agree men's soccer and beach volly would be more intriguing and much cheaper

Like not start them back up again I agree men's soccer and beach volly would be more intriguing and much cheaper
    I know what you mean but I'm not in favor of dropping basketball.

12. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

dont forget women’s crew allows 20 scholarships.how bout some two sport athletes with a crew scholarship and walk on status softball!

13. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

SBC requirement for both sports.

In his podcast Maggard commented that unlike most universities our two diamond sports produce a big revenue stream.

Bad news for the SBC. The driving force for UTA to be the next Gonzaga is out.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educ.ents-enrolled/

What's that slogan, "Together We Rise"? Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    SBC requirement for both sports.

In his podcast Maggard commented that unlike most universities our two diamond sports produce a big revenue stream.
    How is Howard or Central Arkansas in the belt without those sports.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread Information