Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

1. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I like to refer to him as the Rickey Bustle of MBB.
    In spite of the topping out of Ricky, football was saved. I’m forever great-full to Coach Bustle for risking his career for a program in free fall.

Nobody can honestly say that about Coach Marlin.

It’s an insult to put those two on the same level, but I do understand that both survived in spite of their level of success.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    In spite of the topping out of Ricky, football was saved. I’m forever great-full to Coach Bustle for risking his career for a program in free fall.

Nobody can honestly say that about Coach Marlin.

It’s an insult to put those two on the same level, but I do understand that both survived in spite of their level of success.
    I'm not trying to compare anything outside of onfield success because I know the limitations Bustle was dealt and forced to work with. I just always felt that Bustle couldn't get over the hump and injuries always seemed to derail any type of promising season ( See 2008).

4. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Yeah he forgot that he’s not playing basketball against the Big Fish and the rest of the SBC Lilliputians.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well we figured you above all others would be willing to give him some time. Hell, we're giving Marlin 11+ years to see if we can figure it out, Hunter should at least get 3 or 4 right?

6. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Big Fish just propped himself up again. More or less said that some had told him his best coaching job was this year. He said not sure about that then yeah maybe.

Recruiting at Tulane is different. Don’t see him in that culture.

Big Fish just propped himself up again. More or less said that some had told him his best coaching job was this year. He said not sure about that then yeah maybe.
    Don’t know enough about coaching to say best. But must have been hardest. I know of no other b-ball team I’ve watched here at UL with so many injuries/health issues. He needs a medical recruiter. Don’t know if he can survive next year. Even a solid year likely not enough. No consistency esp. out of conference anti good teams. I do like the kids he brings in. Just wish they could make shots.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    Don’t know enough about coaching to say best. But must have been hardest. I know of no other b-ball team I’ve watched here at UL with so many injuries/health issues. He needs a medical recruiter. Don’t know if he can survive next year. Even a solid year likely not enough. No consistency esp. out of conference anti good teams. I do like the kids he brings in. Just wish they could make shots.
    On injuries 1 or 2 times is misfortune 3 or more times it's a coaching issue

10. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    Throw out his best record, throw out his worst record. I’d never hire a guy with that resume if everyone he recruited became model citizens with 3.5 career GPA. No doubt he’s had more than a fair chance to be THE coach.

It’s a hard business unless you’re working at UL. Just stay out the cellar.

11. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Just read the thread title and accept it

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    On injuries 1 or 2 times is misfortune 3 or more times it's a coaching issue
    It happens. H/S I went to lost all 3 QB’s in second game of season one year. Coaching wasn’t an issue.

Whoever replaces Marlin will be given time. If he would had been jettisoned this year, think Maggard would have hired Pitino?

13. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Sure hope when the day comes we don’t hire a cheating scumbag like Pitino.

If it’s hire scum or lose, then it’s time to move on to EKL gym and hire nice people for minimum money. But not a half million a year to be honest and mediocre.

Sure hope when the day comes we don't hire a cheating scumbag like Pitino.

If it's hire scum or lose, then it's time to move on to EKL gym and hire nice people for minimum money. But not a half million a year to be honest and mediocre.
    But he'd probably win and be gone in a year or two. Probably cheaper than Marlin. And probably the NCAA would come a calling.

It happens. H/S I went to lost all 3 QB's in second game of season one year. Coaching wasn't an issue.

Whoever replaces Marlin will be given time. If he would had been jettisoned this year, think Maggard would have hired Pitino?
    Talking about over the course of years not just one season we have heard injuries as an excuse why we have not been successful since the CBI debacle against Evansville

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread Information