Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    It's actually 4 more. 2 road games before the semis. Ooph
    Now we on fire.

With all things being equal I think this team could win 4 in a row, but to go on the road twice and THEN have to win 2 more in New Orleans against rested teams would be beyond remarkable.

With all things being equal I think this team could win 4 in a row, but to go on the road twice and THEN have to win 2 more in New Orleans against rested teams would be beyond remarkable.
    I think we can beat Georgia south. Don’t think we get past Georgia state though. But if we win both it’ll get real interesting. The conference is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I think we can beat Georgia south. Don’t think we get past Georgia state though. But if we win both it’ll get real interesting. The conference is that bad.
    Cant use the weak conference excuse. Our non conference RPI is 271, overall RPI is 245; non conference SOS is 255, overall SOS is 198. Clearly the conference is better than our non conference opponents; much better if you consider that RPI and SOS only include D-1 opponents. Not saying the conference is good, just that our non conference schedule is god aweful.

Your point is abolutely valid, though.

5. UL Basketball Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Does the Big Fish get an after life extension to run the basketball program from the heavens if he wins this thing forever and ever?
    I'm almost sure that he gets another extension with a tournament championship. That's a scary thought. I want him gone, but I hope he never loses another game as UL head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think you just answered your own question. Money has been raised to reward Coach Napier and his staff. The people that chipped in the funds are not willing pay for what they consider to be a poor decision on the length and cost of Coach Marlin's buyout. Obviously I don't speak for all of them, but I've spoken to three that donated money towards the raises for the football staff. They believe like others that the attendance numbers and fundraising for MBB will speak for itself next season and the administration will have no choice at that point.

The second point I've heard and it does make sense is that firing a coach that has had some success here after a season with a depleted roster due to injuries would be a bad look for the program and may hurt us in the next search for a quality MBB head coach.
    This makes perfect sense.

Would only be the second time in Marlin's tenure to string multiple wins in the belt tournament

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm almost sure that he gets another extension with a tournament championship. That's a scary thought. I want him gone, but I hope he never loses another game as UL head coach.
    Ditto.

9. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

You are either off your rocker or had a really good time this afternoon.

Marlin has a worse win percentage than him and made 135K more a year

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Marlin has a worse win perceatge than him and made 135K more a year
    It really is incredible how much Marlin makes for how little he's done.

12. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

It’s absolutely an awful joke.

Jose Baez has to be his agent

He's the Kirk Cousins of CBB coaching. Hardly ever wins the big games but does just enough to get extension and not get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    He's the Kirk Cousins of CBB coaching. Hardly ever wins the big games but does just enough to get extension and not get fired.
    I like to refer to him as the Rickey Bustle of MBB.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread Information