Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think you just answered your own question. Money has been raised to reward Coach Napier and his staff. The people that chipped in the funds are not willing pay for what they consider to be a poor decision on the length and cost of Coach Marlin's buyout. Obviously I don't speak for all of them, but I've spoken to three that donated money towards the raises for the football staff. They believe like others that the attendance numbers and fundraising for MBB will speak for itself next season and the administration will have no choice at that point.

The second point I've heard and it does make sense is that firing a coach that has had some success here after a season with a depleted roster due to injuries would be a bad look for the program and may hurt us in the next search for a quality MBB head coach.
    I don't really have a question. Vic said we have no money. We didn't have money when it came for pay raises and coaching hires in 3 sports. The university made it a priority to either use or raise private funds for those causes. They saw it as a priority and they knew most fans would support. My contention is that we could have the money if we made it a priority but we won't. The buyout for Marlin will be less than 1/3 of what it was for HUD.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    The more things change, the more they stay the same. Those donors would rather be in the club and rub elbows than make the call to fire. All you have to do is attend a sporting event and watch the staff rub the egos of those donors. happens every game.
    You should see the pep rallies

Or at least, that’s what I call them

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Should we all give you loads of schat for quitting/settling?? Just like you did a few short years back? Remember when you blamed everyone for our results bc of this very same attitude??
    1. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

2. If you can’t see the difference in the Maggard and Farmer era, I can’t help you

3. A decade of middling results tells me we are happy with being an irrelevant program. I certainly won’t tell you how to spend your money; but I’m not supporting that. And the league is garbage, to boot.

4. Long live The Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't really have a question. Vic said we have no money. We didn't have money when it came for pay raises and coaching hires in 3 sports. The university made it a priority to either use or raise private funds for those causes. They saw it as a priority and they knew most fans would support. My contention is that we could have the money if we made it a priority but we won't. The buyout for Marlin will be less than 1/3 of what it was for HUD.
    Your contention is there is no priority to raise the money and I'm saying there is no will to ask the same people that have given money towards coaches salaries to buy out a coach at this time. Going back to the well too often leaves them little for anything else they consider priority at this time. They can't keep beating the RCAF horse for every need. The well has dried up for MBB with the exception of a few die hard supporters.

Your contention is there is no priority to raise the money and I'm saying there is no will to ask the same people that have given money towards coaches salaries to buy out a coach at this time. Going back to the well too often leaves them little for anything else they consider priority at this time. They can't keep beating the RCAF horse for every need. The well has dried up for MBB with the exception of a few die hard supporters.
    For example, do you go to the well to jettison Marlin and Broadhead or hold back or go to the well later for a football stadium contribution?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    For example, do you go to the well to jettison Marlin and Broadhead or hold back or go to the well later for a football stadium contribution?
    I don't see Broadhead being jettison if he wins 17, or 18 games. Why? Turning around the MBB program will be more important from a revenue standpoint for the athletic program next season. But all that you mentioned above becomes more of a concern long term if we don't start selling football tickets.

7. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

And you have conjecture with little else to support it.
    That there is no money is not conjecture, it is fact. Even a hard head catfish would understand that. No matter how many people tell you there is no money, you keep coming back. The well is dry. Accept it. Move on. I know that is hard for someone who knows it all. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

4. Long live The Purge.
    Drain the swamp?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Drain the swamp?
    I see you

I don't see Broadhead being jettison if he wins 17, or 18 games. Why? Turning around the MBB program will be more important from a revenue standpoint for the athletic program next season. But all that you mentioned above becomes more of a concern long term if we don't start selling football tickets.
    You run Brodhead for the same reason you run Marlin. Can't compete at the top of a bad conference and pads his record with games against the dregs of college hoops.

We just said the same thing. The university has not seen the need to go to people or use RCAF funds to buy Marlin out. This is all I'm saying. If they felt the need like they did in other decisions, those discussions and commitments would be made. My point is that they are not as dissatisfied with Marlin as many of the fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That there is no money is not conjecture, it is fact. Even a hard head catfish would understand that. No matter how many people tell you there is no money, you keep coming back. The well is dry. Accept it. Move on. I know that is hard for someone who knows it all. Get over it.
    I'm the know it all? LOL. You're the ____ing troll who does nothing but get in ____ing matches with EVERYONE here you clown. Until you're willing to listen to another view you can Please

13. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

I'm the know it all? LOL. You're the ____ing troll who does nothing but get in ____ing matches with EVERYONE here you clown. Until you're willing to listen to another view you can Please
    From the very guy who refuses to listen.

Default Re: Much To Be Happy About

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    First of all, Cadwell a all conference defensive player never set foot on the court this year. How do we know he was all that? Big Fish and staff kept leaking that information.

Second, Smith self destructed. We know that because the Big Fish said so.

Thirdly we are missing Lowery a productive freshman if ever there was one. We all saw his outstanding play before the season ending injury.

Fourth, we're missing Kobe big body and basketball IQ.

So yeah, maybe Marlin would have had a chance if he had Kobe, and Smith. If all four a really solid chance. Remember playing shorthanded fatigues everybody due to excessive minutes. That's why we've seen Russell struggle on three point attempts.

If ever the Big Fish had a legitimate excuse for being poor this year was the year.

I’d still fire him after the season.
    This is a joke right? Just trying to make sure you're being facetious.

Default Re: Much To Be Happy About

Didn't take very long for a "Much To Be Happy About" thread to turn into a bunch of bìtching.

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . LastLast

Thread Information