Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How hard is it to understand “there is NO money to fire the guy?”
    Nobody has ever said that money is not part of the equation. What people contend is that even if money were available to do it, the administration likely wouldn't do it because they are entrenched with Marlin.

2. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Nobody has ever said that money is not part of the equation. What people contend is that even if money were available to do it, the administration likely wouldn't do it because they are entrenched with Marlin.
    I haven’t seen anybody say that and they can’t say they don’t have the money so nothing is said other than he won’t be fired.

I haven’t seen anybody say that and they can’t say they don’t have the money so nothing is said other than he won’t be fired.
    I've said it the entire time. But, let me ask you this. If money was the only reason we haven't bought him out to date, why did we spend $1.5 million buying Hud out a couple of years ago? Our athletic budget runs in the red every year and Hud's salary was similar to Napiers so how were we able to just ____ the money out then when our budgetary issues were the same?

4. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

I've said it the entire time. But, let me ask you this. If money was the only reason we haven't bought him out to date, why did we spend $1.5 million buying Hud out a couple of years ago? Our athletic budget runs in the red every year and Hud's salary was similar to Napiers so how were we able to just ____ the money out then when our budgetary issues were the same?
    Big donors wanted him gone and wrote checks. Also, We now have a new baseball stadium. We have added substantially to football assistant coaches salaries, probably more than tripled softball coaches salaries, way more than tripled baseball coaches salaries. This all while football and basketball attendance has dwindled. There is no more money in the money tree.

See the picture.

Big donors wanted him gone and wrote checks. Also, We now have a new baseball stadium. We have added substantially to football assistant coaches salaries, probably more than tripled softball coaches salaries, way more than tripled baseball coaches salaries. This all while football and basketball attendance has dwindled. There is no more money in the money tree.

See the picture.
    There wasn't money in the tree at that time either

6. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

What part of the first sentence did you not comprehend?

Big donors are not stepping up for basketball. The big difference. Marlin is gone by all accounts. When his unfortunate contract is done. Apathy runs high up the $$$ hill.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Big donors are not stepping up for basketball. The big difference. Marlin is gone by all accounts. When his unfortunate contract is done. Apathy runs high up the $$$ hill.
    What list of big donors stepped up to cover the entire Hud buyout? Assuming Vic is correct about salary increases across the board, our financial standing is really no different than it was a couple of years ago. Attendance had ALREADY begun declining for several years. The baseball stadium was in the pipeline along with the financing requirements at that time. Nothing substantial has changed except for the fact that we've always seemed to come up with the money when we didn't have it. The salary increases are straight private funds. The fact is these things were prioritized at that time and committed to. The basketball coaching position is not a priority because Maggard and Savoie have been committed to Marlin. Once again, if the money was not an issue, do you feel Marlin would still be here? I do.

9. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

There’s no money as long as the lemmings continue to show up and watch this garbage. If you love your program you’ve got to show tough love and stay away from the last games.

10. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We’ve debated this enough. The ills are obvious at this point. For those that don’t know already, the REAL reason our most loyal fanbase has stopped giving a ____, is as follows:

-Savoie likes Marlin because he recruits “the right kind of guys”
    -APR & legal issues are a thing of the past with MBB under Bob
    -Maggard knows NCAA basketball is dying, save for ~30 schools
    -We are $5mil in the red - no relief in sight & no $$ for buyout
    -SBC Basketball is going no where fast with Gill as Commish
    -A segment of our fanbase, the social club, is decimating our MBB program because they care more about their seat at the table & their friendship with the Marlin’s that having real success on the court. That is an absolute fact and anyone denying it is probably part of the problem.

You guys are wasting your time here.
    If at all true, they shouldn't pay more than $100K for a head coach and could have their buyout plus some back within 2 years.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    It’s actually the opposite. Big donors are lobbying for him to stay

What part of the first sentence did you not comprehend?
    Which ones? What is the list of donors that wrote those checks? The same ones that we now say we don't have? The economy was no different at that time. In fact, its arguable that it was worse. Employment is up the past two years. Are you assuming these donors wrote checks or do you have proof that they did?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There’s no money as long as the lemmings continue to show up and watch this garbage. If you love your program you’ve got to show tough love and stay away from the last games.
    Exactly. We never seem to have it until we finally decide to get it.

14. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

How hard is it to understand “there is NO money to fire the guy?”
    Yes there is, hire a no money replacement.

15. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Which ones? What is the list of donors that wrote those checks? The same ones that we now say we don't have? The economy was no different at that time. In fact, its arguable that it was worse. Employment is up the past two years. Are you assuming these donors wrote checks or do you have proof that they did?
    Like I have said before, you know everything. I told you it's the money. If you want to continue being wrong, have at it.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread Information