Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

____ it. I’m in for $1000 to RCAF as soon as Bobby Big Guppy is fired.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Thanks. So, say he recruits 2 freshman guards every year for 10 years.40 guards. Then, 6 or 7 stay for all four years and then graduate. That seems like a high attrition rate. I wonder what the average is for DIV I basketball.
    I don’t think he recruits 2 freshman guards every year. Transfers and JUCO guys are also part of picture. I just can’t seem to recall many freshman guards moving on without completing eligibility. By the way I was reminded Scottie Plaisance is a guy who moved on when we were hoping to keep him. He left because he wanted more playing time and knew he would not have much his last two years due to Gant. In his case, going to UNO may have been good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    ____ it. I’m in for $1000 to RCAF as soon as Bobby Big Guppy is fired.
    Good news for you is you have at least 13 months to gather those funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don’t think he recruits 2 freshman guards every year. Transfers and JUCO guys are also part of picture. I just can’t seem to recall many freshman guards moving on without completing eligibility. By the way I was reminded Scottie Plaisance is a guy who moved on when we were hoping to keep him. He left because he wanted more playing time and knew he would not have much his last two years due to Gant. In his case, going to UNO may have been good decision.
    That’s his biggest issue. He can’t recruit a real scoring guard.

Well, one positive this season has been off the court. Jonathan Stove is a serious supporter of our program and university. More apparent this year than last.

Good news for you is you have at least 13 months to gather those funds.
    Might be the total number of money made off season tickets going into next year

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Might be the total number of money made off season tickets going into next year
    No doubt some will drop but there are quite a few season ticket holders I know planning to renew. Another year like this one though (even if injuries occur) and even some die hards may have a different view.

8. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Every single year we lose die hards to death and age. I doubt we are replenishing the numbers lost to nature’s attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Every single year we lose die hards to death and age. I doubt we are replenishing the numbers lost to nature’s attrition.
    I know we are not replenishing people passing on with new fans. Critical to have a good season next year.

I know we are not replenishing people passing on with new fans. Critical to have a good season next year.
    The question remains. What is a good season? I'm curious to know how the administration grades that and will they take into consideration lower attendance even if it contradicts some floor success?

What's the story on Smith's suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The question remains. What is a good season? I'm curious to know how the administration grades that and will they take into consideration lower attendance even if it contradicts some floor success?
    #1 rule in college athletics. fans fire coaches

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    #1 rule in college athletics. fans fire coaches
    That's my point. That's what we are told but if we continue to lose fans, what good does a 4th place finish in conference do for us?

14. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

4th place in this version of the SBC cannot ever be considered good, it’s not tolerable if too often.

As of today, the Cajuns are 3-14 vs top 200 RPI opponents and 6-17 against top 300 RPI opponents. Unacceptable on any level, with or without injuries.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information