Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

1. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Real simple solution.if WBB, who is healthy this year does not make NCAA's this year, fire Broadhead. Next year, MBB healthy, doesn't make NCAA's, fire Marlin.
    Agreed! It’s almost like they not only get a pass for the year with excessive injuries, the next year they treat mediocrity like a massive success.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Agreed! It’s almost like they not only get a pass for the year with excessive injuries, the next year they treat mediocrity like a massive success.
    I’ll give the women credit for 1 thing. They beat a SEC team when they should have. Ole Miss working on 0-16 in league and last victory was Alabama State. Not a reason to keep a coach, but will look good to the casual clueless fan. At least Ole Miss didn’t lose to a SWAC team.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    At least Ole Miss didn’t lose to a SWAC team.
    No, that was us losing to a SWAC team.

Concern: I see limited chance that Wilson will stay at UL. Why would he if we can't put people around him. Are we on track for any recruit worthy of elite or semi-elite status?

5. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    Concern: I see limited chance that Wilson will stay at UL. Why would he if we can't put people around him. Are we on track for any recruit worthy of elite or semi-elite status?
    Why would he leave knowing he can play for the Big Fish next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    I have good authority he has asked about transfer credits and such

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I have good authority he has asked about transfer credits and such
    Interesting scenario considering that in his recent interview he talked about how much he was looking forward to next season here. Wonder when he asked about transfer credits. Of course what people say publicly is different than what they say privately at times. If the NCAA allows the one time free transfer rule to go into effect, it will cause havoc in all sports as many teams will lose several players. Mid major guys with success will try to go to the big schools while guys on the bench at the major schools will try to find places they can blossom at the mid major level.

As far as who we are looking at in spring recruiting, I have no names but I think we are combing the JUCO circuit for all positions. I do know coaches have spent more than on the road during the season than any I can recall. Of course some of those searches could be geared towards the November signing date and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Interesting scenario considering that in his recent interview he talked about how much he was looking forward to next season here. Wonder when he asked about transfer credits. Of course what people say publicly is different than what they say privately at times. If the NCAA allows the one time free transfer rule to go into effect, it will cause havoc in all sports as many teams will lose several players. Mid major guys with success will try to go to the big schools while guys on the bench at the major schools will try to find places they can blossom at the mid major level.

As far as who we are looking at in spring recruiting, I have no names but I think we are combing the JUCO circuit for all positions. I do know coaches have spent more than on the road during the season than any I can recall. Of course some of those searches could be geared towards the November signing date and beyond.
    Not saying he will just asking raised eyebrows

9. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

What’s going on with Wilson. Honestly I never considered him leaving, but this would be another player Marlin couldn’t keep. I suppose he would be tarnished by Marlin to protect Marlin like so many others over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What’s going on with Wilson. Honestly I never considered him leaving, but this would be another player Marlin couldn’t keep. I suppose he would be tarnished by Marlin to protect Marlin like so many others over the years.
    Like who?

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Like who?
    People like JJ Thomas and Raymone Andrews left after Coach Marlin's second year here. Coach once said he should have run off Andrews after his first year here. He would not have been a bad influence on others in his second year here. Later JJ Thomas admitted he made a mistake leaving. Very sadly, he passed away too young in life a couple of years ago. I can't recall us losing a player we wanted to keep in several years. Now several moved on because we and they determined they were not a good fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    No, that was us losing to a SWAC team.
    Correct you are sir, you got my point.

Basketball contracts have all these incentives. Losing to a non D-1 should come with a cost. Problem solved.add that to contracts, won't see a coach schedule any non D-1 games.

In the PC world we are in today, never could apply that to a D-1 SWAC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    People like JJ Thomas and Raymone Andrews left after Coach Marlin's second year here. Coach once said he should have run off Andrews after his first year here. He would not have been a bad influence on others in his second year here. Later JJ Thomas admitted he made a mistake leaving. Very sadly, he passed away too young in life a couple of years ago. I can't recall us losing a player we wanted to keep in several years. Now several moved on because we and they determined they were not a good fit here.
    Yeah I don’t consider what he said about Raymone and his family tarnishing. They did that on their own. So I’m just trying to figure out who “so many before him” are.

[QUOTE=ZoomZoom;1214954]Correct you are sir, you got my point.

Basketball contracts have all these incentives. Losing to a non D-1 should come with a cost. Problem solved.add that to contracts, won't see a coach schedule any non D-1 games.[/QUOTE

We did have four starters miss that game in question. Still should not have lost it. Very poor performance. Ladies have won two in a row so maybe they can finish strong with that momentum going into the final two weeks.

Well the Net projections have two #1 seeds going to teams out of Mid-Major conferences and one #2 seed going to another mid major.

3 games in March!!! I’m stoked.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information