Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

1. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

The point Mike is you’re placing a lottery hope in people who have never been injury resistant.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Those are legitimate concerns. Beyond the guys mentioned, Wesley has also had foot issues in the past. Right now, his foot is fine due to all the time he missed. No guarantee things will stay that way. We can only hope that all the knee surgeries have corrected the major problems with those guys. Often times with today's medical techniques, the player actually comes back stronger than before he was hurt I recognize that is a hope and not a certainty. Just like it is not a certainty that they won't recover well. Concern-yes, definite problem-no
    So does Marlin get pass when those guys are all hurt again next year.?

3. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    So does Marlin get pass when those guys are all hurt again next year.?
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Sure.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The point Mike is you're placing a lottery hope in people who have never been injury resistant.
    No, I am placing faith in medical advances. Note I did say it was a concern. However it is not something that we can sit here today and say with 100% conviction will occur again next season. If you guys are so certain players injured will once again be hurt, I am sure there are some wagering places that will take your bet. Find one and you may make a few dollars.

No, I am placing faith in medical advances. Note I did say it was a concern. However it is not something that we can sit here today and say with 100% conviction will occur again next season. If you guys are so certain players injured will once again be hurt, I am sure there are some wagering places that will take your bet. Find one and you may make a few dollars.
    Hey, once you tear one knee, the other is bound to tear. Kobe Julien is perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Hey, once you tear one knee, the other is bound to tear. Kobe Julien is perfect example.
    Yes, the people in basketball knew that was an issue. Fortunately he has none left to tear and is recovering well.

8. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

You know Mike, some guys are tough. Ricky Jackson, Drew Brees, Brian Mitchell. Some not so much. Armstead for Saints, and many others, consistently hurt.

All people are saying is injury seems to follow some.

You know Mike, some guys are tough. Ricky Jackson, Drew Brees, Brian Mitchell. Some not so much. Armstead for Saints, and many others, consistently hurt.

All people are saying is injury seems to follow some.
    I understand that and Kobe may be one. What I am saying if he gets hurt again it won't be his knee. Ankles, shoulders, fingers etc. are all in play however.

10. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

I understand that and Kobe may be one. What I am saying if he gets hurt again it won't be his knee. Ankles, shoulders, fingers etc. are all in play however.
    You know with over 18 months of rehab Kobe had a noticeable issue with his gait, wore a brace. Trainers often tell us even an improper walk can lead to other injuries. His current injury may or may not have anything to do with the prior, but there’s absolutely no reason to think repaired knees can’t reoccur. We’ve all seen dozens of pro athletes suffer multiple injuries in the same knee often leading to shorten careers.

You know with over 18 months of rehab Kobe had a noticeable issue with his gait, wore a brace. Trainers often tell us even an improper walk can lead to other injuries. His current injury may or may not have anything to do with the prior, but there’s absolutely no reason to think repaired knees can’t reoccur. We’ve all seen dozens of pro athletes suffer multiple injuries in the same knee often leading to shorten careers.
    Cajuns and Kobe both knew it was matter when, not if, that his other knee would tear. It was not a surprise to either side

So how long are we going to keep making excuses for this loser?

Today was inexcusable

14. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Maybe the title of this particular Marlin love festival should be changed to Why Oh Why Won’t We Fire The Big Fish.

Real simple solution.if WBB, who is healthy this year does not make NCAA's this year, fire Broadhead. Next year, MBB healthy, doesn't make NCAA's, fire Marlin.

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information