Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    You so rarely do; and you didn't in this instance, either.
    Yeah, I don't think he understands the context for which he speaks. LOL

2. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, I don't think he understands the context for which he speaks. LOL
    Well hell, there may be a thing or two that you don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    So why didnt we beat a 6-20 Wyoming team when we were fully healthy?
    Because we played our worst game of the season that night, not counting the games we put a D2 team on the court. That performance still bothers people in the program. As far as what difference guys injured will make, I expect it to more on the defensive end. Caldwell is a strong defensive player and he is highly intelligent. Bryce Washington type guy at a wing position.

4. UL Basketball Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Because we played our worst game of the season that night, not counting the games we put a D2 team on the court. That performance still bothers people in the program. As far as what difference guys injured will make, I expect it to more on the defensive end. Caldwell is a strong defensive player and he is highly intelligent. Bryce Washington type guy at a wing position.
    I recall you making similar predictions about Johnson's abilities. Right now I'd say johnson is a B- player. Washington was an A- player. I'd be surprised if Cadwell will be better than a C.

There is always a reason. Georgia State is by far our worst game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I recall you making similar predictions about Johnson's abilities. Right now I'd say johnson is a B- player. Washington was an A- player. I'd be surprised if Cadwell will be better than a C.
    Johnson has been OK but not as good as expected. Cadwell was actually accepted to the UT Business school. That is extremely hard to get but he decided to pursue basketball. His basketball IQ will what will help him contribute in ways the stat sheet won’t show.

There is always a reason. Georgia State is by far our worst game of the year.
    Agreed but we were short handed against Georgia State. No excuse against Wyoming. Shots simply did not fall in Laramie and plenty were open.

Johnson has been OK but not as good as expected. He shot the three ball well on the scout team last year but for some reason it has not translated as well to the actual games. He also seems to shoot the ball much better at home than the road. Cadwell was actually accepted to the UT Business school. That is extremely hard to get but he decided to pursue basketball. His basketball IQ will what will help him contribute in ways the stat sheet won’t show. Much more likely to project success for a defensive oriented player than an offensive guy.
    Since Cadwell is a smart and defensive oriented player, I am confident he will make a positive contribution next year.

Since Cadwell is a smart and defensive oriented player, I am confident he will make a positive contribution next year.
    I am cautiously optimistic about Cadwell as well. I’m curious as how he went from not having any D1 offers to getting lots of interest and eventually committing to Buffalo before he ever played a game at Daytona State. It obviously wasn’t a grades issue. Have you heard about what transpired over the summer after he graduated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I am cautiously optimistic about Cadwell as well. I’m curious as how he went from not having any D1 offers to getting lots of interest and eventually committing to Buffalo before he ever played a game at Daytona State. It obviously wasn’t a grades issue. Have you heard about what transpired over the summer after he graduated?
    He wasn't going to play basketball anymore. Had started school as a student at UT.

Mike had stated above he passed on the opportunity to go to UT. My question is more about what transpired to go from 0 offers to the hype he was getting here before he ever played a JUCO game. The article states he was buried in a recruiting hotbed (Houston), but he had to be seen somewhere to garner the new attention.

https://www.ubbullrun.com/buffalo-ba.lls-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Mike had stated above he passed on the opportunity to go to UT. My question is more about what transpired to go from 0 offers to the hype he was getting here before he ever played a JUCO game. The article states he was buried in a recruiting hotbed (Houston), but he had to be seen somewhere to garner the new attention.

https://www.ubbullrun.com/buffalo-ba.lls-basketball
    He had several D1 players on his HS team and got overlooked. Also he was considering going to the business school which probably had some schools think he wAs not worth pursuing. He graduated from junior college in one year which is why he has three years of university eligibility. He probably will graduate from here in May of 2021.

Durrey is not DURABLE, he stays hurt. He has been hurt his whole career. Go back and do a little research and you will find out he very rarely played a whole season at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    Durrey is not DURABLE, he stays hurt. He has been hurt his whole career. Go back and do a little research and you will find out he very rarely played a whole season at any level.
    Thank you. Someone has done their research. Cadwell and Kobe will be liabilities going forward with the injury concerns. Can also include Cedric Russell in that list.

Thank you. Someone has done their research. Cadwell and Kobe will be liabilities going forward with the injury concerns. Can also include Cedric Russell in that list.
    Those are legitimate concerns. Beyond the guys mentioned, Wesley has also had foot issues in the past. Right now, his foot is fine due to all the time he missed. No guarantee things will stay that way. We can only hope that all the knee surgeries have corrected the major problems with those guys. Often times with today's medical techniques, the player actually comes back stronger than before he was hurt I recognize that is a hope and not a certainty. Just like it is not a certainty that they won't recover well. Concern-yes, definite problem-no

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information