Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

1. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Baby Cakes at it again. He is right and everybody else is wrong. Just like a three year old. Just as soon go home as he has hi-jacked the thread with his know it all BS.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Guys, let’s all be honest.if we were in New Mexico States shoes, we’d want that coach ran after not winning a big game in the Dance! Lol

3. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Guys, let's all be honest.if we were in New Mexico States shoes, we'd want that coach ran after not winning a big game in the Dance! Lol
    Agreed. We just need to keep Marlin and work through it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Agreed. We just need to keep Marlin and work through it.
    And maybe he can groom someone on his staff to take over when he decides to retire?

5. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    And maybe he can groom someone on his staff to take over when he decides to retire?
    Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Tackling this project is probably far enough into the future.

6. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So, if we got to the dance this year with a sub .500 record would that be a cause for an extension? I don't think so.
    Not for an extension, but it’s would be a great season. Big Fish can’t save his job as far as I’m concerned. Too many seasons of being neither good nor bad.

We’re really gonna be having some fun when we win the conference tournament.

8. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    What school are you a fan of for the tournament? It’s that “we” thing.

😂😂😂

I know our history, SIX NCAA appearances. This list pretty much shows we are who we are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D.bids_by_school

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-major

For S&Gs, here's WWB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D.bids_by_school

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What school are you a fan of for the tournament? It’s that “we” thing.
    Louisiana you dik

12. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Louisiana you dik
    Your post gave the appearance that you were either lost or stoned or both.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not for an extension, but it’s would be a great season. Big Fish can’t save his job as far as I’m concerned. Too many seasons of being neither good nor bad.
    You would consider this year a great season with an NCAA tournament birth? If we're lucky, we'd barely win 15 games but that's a great season?

UL Basketball Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You would consider this year a great season with an NCAA tournament birth? If we're lucky, we'd barely win 15 games but that's a great season?
    I am not Express, but I do not consider a fluke win in the conference tournament and a play in game loss a great season it is a financial windfall, but not a great season. In Marlin's tenure, he has had only three seasons that I would consider good, his first [2nd place in conference regular season] the 2014 NCAA tournament year and the 2018 27 win year. He has not had a great season. A great season would be 25+ wins, at least 2nd in regular season, winning the conference tournament and earning a 12 or better seed in the NCAA, or first in regular season and a loss in the finals of the conference tournament with a deep run in the NIT That 12 seed would require us to play and win out of conference games against much better competition than Marlin is willing or able to schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I am not Express, but I do not consider a fluke win in the conference tournament and a play in game loss a great season it is a financial windfall, but not a great season. In Marlin's tenure, he has had only three seasons that I would consider good, his first [2nd place in conference regular season] the 2014 NCAA tournament year and the 2018 27 win year. He has not had a great season. A great season would be 25+ wins, at least 2nd in regular season, winning the conference tournament and earning a 12 or better seed in the NCAA, or first in regular season and a loss in the finals of the conference tournament with a deep run in the NIT That 12 seed would require us to play and win out of conference games against much better competition than Marlin is willing or able to schedule.
    Crazy thing is, that with the guys getting back healthy, Its not far cry to say that we could win 3 games in March. The league as a whole is weak. We could easily win 3 games and get back to the NCAA with a losing record. That would be sweat.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information