Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Players and coaches were supportive of him standing up for them on Saturday. That is the case publicly and privately. Personally I think he went overboard. I also think he knows he somewhat lost it. I don’t think he realized that was the case until he watched the film. At least that is the impression I got from remarks made at the radio show on Monday. As far as frequency of things like this, I don’t think it is as common as some believe. Example of that is fact he had not received a technical this season prior to Saturday night.

Right.

Go back and watch the Arkansas state game. How he didn’t get a technical during that sheit show is beyond me. But just cause he doesn’t get T’d up doesn’t mean he’s not acting like a petulant child on the sideline. There have been multiple games where his antics were inexcusable.

Anyway, I don’t have anything nice to say so I won’t say anything else. The groundwork has been laid and the sample size has more than been seen. Good luck.

Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Right.

Go back and watch the Arkansas state game. How he didn't get a technical during that sheit show is beyond me. But just cause he doesn't get T'd up doesn't mean he's not acting like a petulant child on the sideline. There have been multiple games where his antics were inexcusable.

Anyway, I don't have anything nice to say so I won't say anything else. The groundwork has been laid and the sample size has more than been seen. Good luck.
    Also the game, I forget who it was against, where he pushed an assistant and Wesley out the way during a huddle when he was frustrated. Might actually be the game you are referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sorry, I have ZERO faith in the NCAA when it comes to selection Sunday.

Got to go, cold front coming thru. Good fishing weather.
    OK, so let me ask you this. If Gonzaga were for some reason not to win their conference tournament, do you think they would be left out or do you think there is a chance they would be left out? Because their SOS and RPI are both worse than SDSU's.

4. UL Basketball Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

He knows he has another year and beyond if they have a strong season in 2020-21. I and everyone else realizes that is a BIG IF. Who knows what they can accomplish with a healthy roster. Hope we find out. I do think stress of life and tough season may have contributed to the blow up to some degree.
    You really walking on the fence whenever you comment on Marlin. It's like you just gotta protect him somewhat but maybe not. Things like who knows WHAT IF he's got a healthy squad?

I'm going to simply ask you one thing that requires no what if. Would you recommend a person with Marlin resume as his replacement? Is that someone you'd want for another decade that hasn’t already made you their friend.

I don't think so, but?

Les Miles was LSU’s winningest coach of all time. Doesn’t change the fact that he wore out his welcome even though he averaged 10 wins a year during his tenure.

Marlin is a hot pile of garbage and this program is failing to create excitement. Which is 100% his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    OK, so let me ask you this. If Gonzaga were for some reason not to win their conference tournament, do you think they would be left out or do you think there is a chance they would be left out? Because their SOS and RPI are both worse than SDSU's.
    The Zags have something 99.9% of the "mid majors" don't have. 20+ years of reputation goodwill along with millions and millions of dollars invested. Anywhere, anytime is their mantra. And walked the talk. Even with a weaker SOS, if it came down to the committee, the Zags would be treated like a big boy.

I'm watching how Maggard handles WBB. If WBB doesn't make the NCAA and finish 5th or lower, how Maggard handles that will tell you how Marlin will be handled after next season.

As coaches, both have endured personal losses and teams decimated by injuries. WBB is in good shape this year, the men should follow suit next year. Performance should be paramount for WBB this year, MBB next.

7. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

I think you’re seeing the real WBB in the last couple of games. I truly hope that isn’t true.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    His casual support from the fans is over mike. Unless he can make a serious run in March Madness. Meaning a Sweet 16 run.
    I know casual support is over. That does not change fact he is here for at least another year. I don't know what Dr. Maggard will require next season for that to continue to be the case. If I would guess I would say at least a top three league finish. I know that won’t be good enough for some. I am just guessing at what would be good enough for the administration.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I think you’re seeing the real WBB in the last couple of games. I truly hope that isn’t true.
    WBB actually played well against Troy. They simply did not make the shots they did at Troy and were not physical enough to get rebounds. The two games prior were very disappointing. That inconsistency has their coaching staff very frustrated.

I know casual support is over. That does not change fact he is here for at least another year. I don't know what Dr. Maggard will require next season for that to continue to be the case. If I would guess I would say at least a top three league finish. I know that won’t be good enough for some. I am just guessing at what would be good enough for the administration.
    It should be Sun Belt Chip and NCAA bid, if not, show him the door. It’s that simple

11. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

With all these injuries and a couple misses, he deserves at least two more years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You really walking on the fence whenever you comment on Marlin. It's like you just gotta protect him somewhat but maybe not. Things like who knows WHAT IF he's got a healthy squad?

I'm going to simply ask you one thing that requires no what if. Would you recommend a person with Marlin resume as his replacement? Is that someone you'd want for another decade that hasn’t already made you their friend.

I don't think so, but?
    Just presenting facts and a some guesses at what will happen in future. Some believe we will not be much better next season and present that as fact when it is only a prediction. I will not predict either way. I do agree that when Dr. Maggard is ready to make the next hire he will want a stronger resume than the 10 years here. That is besides the point at this stage as the current coach is still under contract. A poor or middle of the pack season in 2020-21 will likely result in a change as the buyout continues to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    It should be Sun Belt Chip and NCAA bid, if not, show him the door. It’s that simple
    It has to be tournament or termination nothing more nothing less

14. Default Re: Sorry can't fire Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It has to be tournament or termination nothing more nothing less
    Or we can save money we don’t have and give him a couple more years as a result of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    That is your opinion and I respect it. That may not be The one of the administration however.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information