Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ron Roberts is gone.

Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Their previous DC was making over a million
    Exactly

I'm glad to see Coach Roberts get an opportunity at a P5 and I'm also thankful for what he accomplished in his time here with the Cajuns.

The move to the Big 12 does kind of puzzle me though. With the high scoring offenses that tend to populate the conference, it seems like it would hard to make a name for yourself as a Defensive Coordinator in that league. I hope Coach proves me wrong and I wish him the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RH View Post
    I'm glad to see Coach Roberts get an opportunity at a P5 and I'm also thankful for what he accomplished in his time here with the Cajuns.

The move to the Big 12 does kind of puzzle me though. With the high scoring offenses that tend to populate the conference, it seems like it would hard to make a name for yourself as a Defensive Coordinator in that league. I hope Coach proves me wrong and I wish him the best of luck.
    More has to do with his relationship with Aranda than the conference

4. Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    More has to do with his relationship with Aranda than the conference
    Maybe those two believe they will play defense in that conference and shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Maybe those two believe they will play defense in that conference and shake things up.
    Match a good D with their ability to keep getting QB s and skill players they might be a force to be reckoned with in future

Huge blow to the program right here. He will be tough to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Huge blow to the program right here. He will be tough to replace.
    luckily he gave Toney the blueprints on how to run a successful defense I think we will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Have you been to WACKO, I have. I have never been to Lawrence, Kansas and I am sure it is bad, but WACKO aint no hidden gem. I am sure WACKO is better than Lawrence, but man that is like comparing Chicken Pox to Measles.
    Sure, but Waco is only 95 miles from Dallas and 101 miles from Austin. There is plenty of things to do on the weekends in either place during the off-season. Lawrence Kansas, Kansas City is close by but it won't ever be confused with Dallas and Austin.

Let me also add, Baylor has done a tremendous job of upgrading their facilities. If you ever have a chance to tour their athletics complex, you will be impressed.

Waco is not that bad either. We live in Burleson just south of Fort Worth, and sometimes we drive down there to eat out. We like to go to a restaurant on the river there called "Buzzard Billy's." It is kind of a Cajun place (well pseudo Cajun) but it is respectable for a central Texas seafood place. Waco also has some really nice museums, like the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame(the elite part of the state police in Texas, not the baseball team) which is in the shadow of Baylor's football stadium. That part of the country is pretty when you get off of I-35 as well. We have friends from high school who live in Waco and owns a lucrative business there and they love it.

Thanks to Coach Roberts, and good luck to you and your family.

He gave us, with his staff, the best defense we have seen in many years. He made a huge contribution to getting our team back on it's feet and was instrumental in it's success.

Now, we have a bit of uncertainty going into next year, as there will no doubt be some difference between he and our new DC. I do think Coach Napier has a keen eye on identifying good coaches, and their capabilities, so we should be in good hands, time will tell.

11. Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    luckily he gave Toney the blueprints on how to run a successful defense I think we will be ok
    I don't know if you can teach in game pivots on defense. Seems like Roberts had a sixth sense.

Good luck Ron!

Best wishes to Ron & his family! Thanks for all you did to help our Ragin Cajuns during your all-too-brief time here. Good luck in Waco!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know if you can teach in game pivots on defense. Seems like Roberts had a sixth sense.
    He taught Toney just like he taught Aranda.we will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He taught Toney just like he taught Aranda.we will be fine
    And Golding. And Karl Scott. He has a track record of producing good defensive minds.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information