Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ron Roberts is gone.

1. Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I would say a DC job at a school who was one game short of the playoff last year resulting from a coaching change when the HC moved to the NFL is well on his way.
    I don't disagree, just thinking Baylor is not an every year team with those kind of results. You are right that Baylor had a special year, I was thinking his next step is a high end SEC job (LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Florida, etc) or even other schools that are consistently up there (Oklahoma, Ohio State, etc. I would think that he would want to stay in the SEC or Texas areas because of his background.

Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Did he have any type of buyout?

They are going to kill it when they start recruiting the South Louisiana area. No introduction needed for Roberts and Aranda.

Les Miles has a Louisiana pipeline, but South Louisina kids would much rather play in Waco as compared to Lawrence,KS.

4. Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    They are going to kill it when they start recruiting the South Louisiana area. No introduction needed for Roberts and Aranda.

Les Miles has a Louisiana pipeline, but South Louisina kids would much rather play in Waco as compared to Lawrence,KS.
    Have you been to WACKO, I have. I have never been to Lawrence, Kansas and I am sure it is bad, but WACKO aint no hidden gem. I am sure WACKO is better than Lawrence, but man that is like comparing Chicken Pox to Measles.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Have you been to WACKO, I have. I have never been to Lawrence, Kansas and I am sure it is bad, but WACKO aint no hidden gem. I am sure WACKO is better than Lawrence, but man that is like comparing Chicken Pox to Measles.
    This hire will be more troublesome to Tulane than us Same type of kids will be targeted

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Sad but true. LOL! 🤣🤣🤣

I'm a Wacko from Waco, don't mess with me! LOL!

Accurate comparison my friend.

Waco is OK. You're 2 hrs from Austin or Dallas.but it's no Ruston. 🤟

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Waco is OK. You're 2 hrs from Austin or Dallas.but it's no Ruston. 🤟
    Agreed, proximity is way better, beautiful new stadium, recent Heisman trophy winners. You can compare cities all you want, but football-wise, there really isn't a comparison. Plus he is working for not only someone he mentored, but also trusts.

9. Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Ya think ya know a guy.

In all seriousness, thanks coach Roberts. Thanks for choosing to be a Ragin Cajun. Best of luck at Baylor.

Probably about a $700k a year pay raise

11. Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Ya think ya know a guy.

In all seriousness, thanks coach Roberts. Thanks for choosing to be a Ragin Cajun. Best of luck at Baylor.
    Yep, he is 100% Rock Solid taking an opportunity to advance his career at another Unibersity.

Very glad to have had him for 2 years and glad that his time here has bolstered his stock.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Yep, he is 100% Rock Solid taking an opportunity to advance his career at another Unibersity.

Very glad to have had him for a year and glad that his time here has bolstered his stock.
    2 years

13. Default Re: Ron Roberts is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    2 years
    Thanks. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Probably about a $700k a year pay raise
    At least! Heard on one of the ESPN2 talk shows that Ruhle was making crazy $$$ at Baylor! Can easily see an OC or DC pulling in a cool mil there!!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    At least! Heard on one of the ESPN2 talk shows that Ruhle was making crazy $$$ at Baylor! Can easily see an OC or DC pulling in a cool mil there!!
    Their previous DC was making over a million

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information