Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parking for Upcoming Virginia Tech Baseball Series During Mardi Gras Festivities

1. Default Parking for Upcoming Virginia Tech Baseball Series During Mardi Gras Festivities

LAFAYETTE - With Mardi Gras and the baseball season rapidly approaching, parking will be altered for the upcoming weekend series against Virginia Tech (Feb. 21-Feb. 23).

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Default Re: Parking for Upcoming Virginia Tech Baseball Series During Mardi Gras Festivities

If the Mardi Gras Associations controls the parking I assume they pay dear money for that privilege.

Default Re: Parking for Upcoming Virginia Tech Baseball Series During Mardi Gras Festivities

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    If the Mardi Gras Associations controls the parking I assume they pay dear money for that privilege.
    And you would be wrong8k to take over all of Cajun Field

This thread bout to be good.

5. Default Re: Parking for Upcoming Virginia Tech Baseball Series During Mardi Gras Festivities

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    And you would be wrong8k to take over all of Cajun Field
    Oh no, not this again 🤔

LOL

Don’t mind me. Just here for the fireworks.

Popcorn ready!

I’ll admit. At least the administration was way ahead of the game this time around and fans can plan way ahead compared to last year when the parking stuff was released a week before. So kudos to them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Oh no, not this again 🤔
    Not my battle if the univ wants to undervalue itself once again

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I’ll admit. At least the administration was way ahead of the game this time around and fans can plan way ahead compared to last year when the parking stuff was released a week before. So kudos to them for that.
    That's what I thought too. Waiting until the last minute last year was just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    That's what I thought too. Waiting until the last minute last year was just plain wrong.
    For sure. Now, as far as our parking lot being used a public city park, that’s a different story.

12. Default Re: Parking for Upcoming Virginia Tech Baseball Series During Mardi Gras Festivities

For sure. Now, as far as our parking lot being used a public city park, that's a different story.
    Well technically it is public property that is being used for a private city park. Remember, during Mardi Gras, you have to pay to play.

For sure. Now, as far as our parking lot being used a public city park, that's a different story.
    True. But my question is access: the press release points out that for the VTech series N. College/Bertrand will be closed during parade time. I haven't done the research of when that parade rolls, but if it is during/before the games, I guess the only way in will be from Congress (but no left turn entry) or from Souvenier Gate. I don't remember this happening in past years, so not sure how that will play out. Especially for those like me that come from the Saint Streets area.

ETA: just did some quick research for the VTech series:

21st: game @6pm, no parade shown on parade schedule
    22nd: game @2pm, Bonaparte rolls @6:30pm, so should not be an issue. Triton ball @6pm, but agian, should not be an issue for us.
    23rd: game @1pm, no parade shown on parade schedule.

Yes now everyone has 25 days to figure a very elaborate detailed plan to park your car.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Yes now everyone has 25 days to figure a very elaborate detailed plan to park your car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information