Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Napier is

Default Re: Napier is

.the best thing to ever happen to Ragin' Cajun Football!

2. Default Re: Napier is

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Nice!

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Awesome. Green dot for you.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    LMAOhalf of the comments on the tweet are about Feldman calling us Louisiana. Purple and Pus fans with no hobby.
    There sure is a lot of butt hurt about that, isn't there? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Peek a boo View Post
    So glad Coach is staying, let’s say next year is the year he leaves, do we promote from within or is there someone from outside that we may have our eyes on?
    Cross that bridge when we get to it. A lot of variables would be in play.

alot can happen. What if we are runner ups again with 1,2,3 losses, and a bowl victory, I think its another good season. I don't think he will be as attractive as a coach, but we would love to keep him. Hope that does not happen, but just look at the history of Cajun Football.
    That being said, expectations are for a Sun Belt Championship and a NOLA bowl appearance.
    I think Cajun Nation would show up in NOLA. It has been a while!
    Extreme expectations, if cards align, would be nice if we would be considered for a NY6 Bowl, but that almost always goes to AAC or MWC.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    alot can happen. What if we are runner ups again with 1,2,3 losses, and a bowl victory, I think its another good season. I don't think he will be as attractive as a coach, but we would love to keep him. Hope that does not happen, but just look at the history of Cajun Football.
    That being said, expectations are for a Sun Belt Championship and a NOLA bowl appearance.
    Extreme expectations, if cards align, would be nice if we would be considered for a NY6 Bowl, but that almost always goes to AAC or MWC.
    The fact this is this only legit chance, chance mind you, to go undefeated and dream big is so enjoyable . One day at a time and enjoy the ride. Until we have to start watching jetliner schedules again

We spoke on the show today. I remarked there would be some expectations from fans that we are headed to a NY6 bowl next year. And, there would be some that, if offered a ten win season next year, they would reject such a thing.

I said, my personal feelings are I would accept ten wins if it meant we were outright Sun Belt Champions for the first time in school history. If we get more than ten with that title, great.

But it's time we call ourselves champions.

It has not been determined yet if the champion next year goes to NO. That was a two year deal that just expired.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Woo hoo! I'm ready for the ride!

Of course, all the talk is saying he is only staying because he didn't get offered, with the obligatory "which Louisiana is it?" crap. Regardless, FACK 'EM!

Geaux Cajuns!!
    It gets more and more embarrassing for those morons that post the same crap over and over again when Louisiana is used. Even by MAJOR. NATIONAL news outlets. Sad, really. Why do you care? You lost. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    We spoke on the show today. I remarked there would be some expectations from fans that we are headed to a NY6 bowl next year. And, there would be some that, if offered a ten win season next year, they would reject such a thing.

I said, my personal feelings are I would accept ten wins if it meant we were outright Sun Belt Champions for the first time in school history. If we get more than ten with that title, great.

.as long as it's NATIONAL champions (reach for the starts right )?

Peach Bowl or Bust

On a lighter note, I personally think we are ahead of schedule. 11 wins this past season definitely exceeded my expectations. If this team can stay healthy and click, there's no question that this team can crack the Top 25 and go beyond that. But yes, we are 50 years due for an outright conference championship.

If we win the SBC Championship, we would not be playing in the NO Bowl. ESPN will have a say so in the bowl match-ups that are not part of the National Championship Playoffs. I agree it would be difficult to play in a NY6 Bowl, even running the table and finishing the season 13-0. But there still would be an outside chance.

Yes, I would accept 10 wins next season if it mean't an alright championship for the first time in our history of playing in the SBC. But I'm not certain 10 wins will get us that championship. In either case, it is what we need as a program and what Billy Napier needs to complete his resume at UL.

I am hoping that Vegas posts an over/under of 9 wins or less next season for the Cajuns, so I can load up on it. The last two years win totals paid for season tickets. This year's number was 6 regular season wins at about -150.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information