Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Baseball Season

1. Default Cajun Baseball Season

I just looked and can not believe we are only 31 days from first pitch of the 2020 baseball season. That being said, the Cajuns play an astounding 11 of first 12 games at the friendly confines of ML Tigue Moore Field @ Russo Park. We only play 6 non conference road games all season (we do have 3 at neutral sites vs Samford, Michigan State and Troy.) at the Diamond Invitational. That means we have a total of 17 home Non Conference games vs the likes of Houston (2 games), McNeese State, La Tech (3 games), Nicholls State, Lamar, Northwestern St, Sam Houston (3 games), Va Tech (3 games), Tulane and SLU. On the road we have SLU, Rice, McNeese, Tulane, LSU and La Tech. Our conference schedule breaks out like this:

ROAD SERIES

APP STATE
    Georgia State
    Texas State
    USA
    A-State

HOME SERIES

UTA
    Little Rock
    Georgia Southern
    ULM
    Coastal

GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

Coastal is another home conference series

3. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

Wow, not sure how I missed that, but I have edited it back in to my post. Very nice schedule for the Cajuns, it sets up nicely for us.

4. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

Another interesting thing is we are carrying only 5 seniors and 3 of those are returning pitchers.

Brandon Young/Jack Burk and Caleb Armstrong. The two position players are Brennan Breaux and Gavin Bourgeois who sat out the entire season last year. If healthy all should be contributors to this team.

Burk has shown great promise, but has struggled to stay on the field.
    Caleb is a sidewinder that has been up and down over his career at UL
    Brandon Young had a pretty good year last year.
    Brennan Breaux was a very consistent outfield pressence for us last year as well as a solid hitter
    Gavin Bourgeois is coming off a season he did not play, but has been a very good player .311 and an OBA of .402. Last year he only played in 13 games starting 7 due to injury.

5. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

I'm excited to see plenty, but most interested to see what Deggs can do with Breaux & Windy.
    If Windy can hit .300, he's an all conference, and probably nationally recognized 3rd baseman.
    I think Brennan showed flashes, but I think there's more in the tank for him. I look for Tremaine Spears to have a productive year under Deggs as well. We can talk about the new guys as we go, but just some familiar names to watch.

Sounds like starting pitching, they think, will be a strength for us again in 2020. I know Jack projects as a starter, but because of the history, I'd like to see him in a middle relief role. I'd also like to see him ease back into his duties. We need Jack to be healthy this season. The guys feed off of him more than most.

I've heard that they changed Bradford's arm angle and he is nasty. Bullpen will be a work in progress but we have plenty of capable arms.

Ah, baseball.

Batty's arm angle has been changed. He's coming from the side now a la Josh Hader. Once they dropped him down he absolutely cut everyone up. Deggs raved about him when I had him on the show.

7. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Batty's arm angle has been changed. He's coming from the side now a la Josh Hader. Once they dropped him down he absolutely cut everyone up. Deggs raved about him when I had him on the show.
    Batty! My mistake. Thanks Jay.

8. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Batty! My mistake. Thanks Jay.
    Learning. Proud of you.

This season is gonna be special. I can just feel it. 2 good drivable conference road trips in Texas State and South Al. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Man, I'm gettin' the envies for baseball real early this year. Not just the Cajuns, the MLB as well.

If Windy hits .300 he will get drafted.

12. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    If Windy hits .300 he will get drafted.
    How great would it be to have a corner bat again?
    Give me .280 AVG 12 Bombs 40 RBI 35 BB .400 OBPS

I know you got it in ya Jon Windy!!

13. Default Re: Cajun Baseball Season

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How great would it be to have a corner bat again?
    Give me .280 AVG 12 Bombs 40 RBI 35 BB .400 OBPS

I know you got it in ya Jon Windy!!
    12 Bombs is a lot. The rest could be achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I just looked and can not believe we are only 31 days from first pitch of the 2020 baseball season. That being said, the Cajuns play an astounding 11 of first 12 games at the friendly confines of ML Tigue Moore Field @ Russo Park. We only play 6 non conference road games all season (we do have 3 at neutral sites vs Samford, Michigan State and Troy.) at the Diamond Invitational. That means we have a total of 17 home Non Conference games vs the likes of Houston (2 games), McNeese State, La Tech (3 games), Nicholls State, Lamar, Northwestern St, Sam Houston (3 games), Va Tech (3 games), Tulane and SLU. On the road we have SLU, Rice, McNeese, Tulane, LSU and La Tech. Our conference schedule breaks out like this:

ROAD SERIES

APP STATE
    Georgia State
    Texas State
    USA
    A-State

HOME SERIES

UTA
    Little Rock
    Georgia Southern
    ULM
    Coastal

GEAUX CAJUNS
    I thought I read or heard that all laturd games would be played here this year, since they have no stadium. And that we would play all games in rustonia next year.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I thought I read or heard that all laturd games would be played here this year, since they have no stadium. And that we would play all games in rustonia next year.
    The game up there on April 28th will be played at Ruston High School.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information