Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: The Baylor opening

Default The Baylor opening

Well there are more articles about Billy Napier being high on the list for Baylor, but has anyone heard anything about him being contacted for the job?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Well there are more articles about Billy Napier being high on the list for Baylor, but has anyone heard anything about him being contacted for the job?
    I’m pretty sure Baylor will go with an internal hire.

3. Default Re: The Baylor opening

The general belief is that they want a coach with lots of Texas ties.

Default Re: The Baylor opening

Baylor will hire someone with Texas ties, and word is it will be someone already on staff

Their board is a lot more civil, and the AD seems to be playing his cards very close to the chest. It's not like the crap fest on MS State's board where everyone claimed that Billy Napier was sitting in their lap while they were typing. Napier seems to be a legit top 4 choice, but at least from the fans, they think the only way to not lose recruits is to promote Mcguire or get a giant splash name with P5 Headcoaching success at a high level. On a super active message board for Baylor, there is not 1 thread centering on Napier, whereas MSU had like 724 Napier threads. It's a very scary opportunity, but nothing super concrete has leaked out yet.

While you don't hear much about it, the experts don't seem to think Napier is the ideal candidate for the job. it looks like we may be able to keep our coach for at least one more year.

I think we should know by the end of the week if we are safe. If any of the big names from LSU or Clemson are interested, I think that drops Napier from top 3-4 to like 5-6. Baylor fans have no clue at all, but there are rumblings the announcement is in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc6267 View Post
    I think we should know by the end of the week if we are safe. If any of the big names from LSU or Clemson are interested, I think that drops Napier from top 3-4 to like 5-6. Baylor fans have no clue at all, but there are rumblings the announcement is in the next few days.
    Some of the better sec jobs were filled this year. And some are locked up for a few more years. If in fact Napier’s next gig is a upper level P5 job that may take another few years. That’s not to say he will not leave, but I’m not sure how many of those good jobs will be open next year

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Some of the better sec jobs were filled this year. And some are locked up for a few more years. If in fact Napier’s next gig is a upper level P5 job that may take another few years. That’s not to say he will not leave, but I’m not sure how many of those good jobs will be open next year
    One word. South Carolina

10. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    One word. South Carolina
    That is one place, but 2 words.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Just wanted to see who is paying attention.

Baylor is finishing up interviews today McGuire is last and still the favorite by admin

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Baylor is finishing up interviews today McGuire is last and still the favorite by admin
    Baylor just threw a curve will interview VT HC tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Baylor just threw a curve will interview VT HC tonight
    Just saw that Napier interviewed for the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s awesome

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information