Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    68 in the last 10 years out of 250 naturalized 4 and 5 star recruits still makes them one of the biggest talent graveyards in the country.
    Yeah like I said, they are loaded with talent

Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Do people really believe Bebe wouldn't hire Ron Roberts from "lowly ULL"? If you do, you're living in the past.

The Roberts' love living here and Ron is happy. I'm not worried about Coach Roberts leaving. As much as anyone else on the staff, he knows we're on the brink of something incredible here.
    Scott Prather said during the week that Coach O was at the complex one day when he was doing something with Hud. I think it was the year after he left USC. He was just hanging around talking shop with the coaches on our staff. Mitch Rodrique was the OL coach at the time and they are both from "down the bayou". He would hire someone from our staff in a second if he thought he would help them win. He is really part of the coaching fraternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I hope you’re right about this one. If not that move could really screw things up.
    Definitely want Roberts to stay but if he gets poached, Patrick Toney would be a great option. If not him our DC would have just moved up to big 12.we will be fine. Napier coached at bama and Clemson, he probably knows a few good defensive coaches.

4. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Scott Prather said during the week that Coach O was at the complex one day when he was doing something with Hud. I think it was the year after he left USC. He was just hanging around talking shop with the coaches on our staff. Mitch Rodrique was the OL coach at the time and they are both from "down the bayou". He would hire someone from our staff in a second if he thought he would help them win. He is really part of the coaching fraternity.
    Orgeron hired Jorge Munoz straight from Hud's fired staff. Burrow thanked Munoz directly in his Heisman acceptance speech.

Coach O has done it already, nothing to prevent him from doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Orgeron hired Jorge Munoz straight from Hud's fired staff. Burrow thanked Munoz directly in his Heisman acceptance speech.

Coach O has done it already, nothing to prevent him from doing it again.
    Per Mike Detillier, who was raised nearby with Coach O, Jorge Munoz will take over Joe Brady’s vacated position. He described Munoz as having a brilliant offensive mind

Quote Originally Posted by KapCajun View Post
    Per Mike Detillier, who was raised nearby with Coach O, Jorge Munoz will take over Joe Brady’s vacated position. He described Munoz as having a brilliant offensive mind
    Too bad a certain someone wouldn’t let him use his brilliant offensive mind while here, even though he was our “offensive coordinator”.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Too bad a certain someone wouldn’t let him use his brilliant offensive mind while here, even though he was our “offensive coordinator”.
    Not sure why any offensive coach would have signed on or stayed more than a year with coach Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Not sure why any offensive coach would have signed on or stayed more than a year with coach Ego.
    I think that is a little harsh in relation to Coach Hud. Most of the staff stayed in the four good years. Problems really started when Hud did not have a QB after Broadway left and people then moved on. Levi Lewis and many of the contributors of the 2019 class were brought in by Coach Hud. The facilities we have now were in large part a result of Coach Hud's efforts.

I think that is a little harsh in relation to Coach Hud. Most of the staff stayed in the four good years. Problems really started when Hud did not have a QB after Broadway left and people then moved on. Levi Lewis and many of the contributors of the 2019 class were brought in by Coach Hud. The facilities we have now were in large part a result of Coach Hud's efforts.
    When did Jay Johnson leave? When did the offense start getting predictable? Lack of downfield passing? Lack of tight end use? I can burn down the house quicker than the time it took me to build it. But to each their own

He ran some of the worst offenses I've ever seen the last 3 years regardless of staff or players.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Yep. Munoz and Will Hall were used as scapegoats. Look how they've done since leaving what obviously became a toxic blame-game situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    He ran some of the worst offenses I've ever seen the last 3 years regardless of staff or players.
    Jump ball passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yep. Munoz and Will Hall were used as scapegoats. Look how they've done since leaving what obviously became a toxic blame-game situation.
    Will Hall was simply not retained by Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by KapCajun View Post
    What a great guy!! Congrats Coach Munoz. He wasted his talent here. How ridiculous.

People forget how bad our QB’s and line play were in Huds last few years. I think his recruiting at the QB position was poor and his backing off of strength and conditioning was his downfall. I believe he proved himself as a competent HC this year.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information