Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Baylor opening

1. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    to be honest, if it were a true let be and let live on their end, we would not be even discussing it. Honestly, we didnt start the war. All we did was dare to achieve and move up from lower levels and call our selves the University of Louisiana. In return, they summoned their supporters and it took an act of congress to create the U of La system. I can understand the bitterness and hate some have because it dwells deep in me too. Not trying to argue but just giving one of the main reasons we even concern ourselves with that school by a river.
    Whatever. None of this is news.

Default Re: The Baylor opening

Personally, I'd be more wary of Roberts joining Aranda at Baylor than I would him heading to LSU. Not that he wouldn't take the job at LSU. I think it's more likely he gets offered at Baylor.

But either way, our head coach will be here in 2020 and that's a VERY good thing.

3. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I 100% that Roberts isn't a HC in waiting. He has said, and I have heard, that he doesn't/didn't enjoy the amount of administration BS that goes with it.

That being said, Roberts is one of the most revered defensive minds in the country. His defensive coaching tree are names like: Aranda, Pete Golding, Karl Scott & Toney. He impressed Dykes, as he interviewed for that DC job.

I understand the sentiment that LSU wouldn't hire from lowly ULL, but this ain't your Daddy's Ragin' Cajuns. Apparently Alabama tried to hire our head coach and OL/OC last year. There are a couple of things I respect about Coach O, and one is that he does identify very good coaches. I don't he would give a flying F that he would be hiring from here if he thinks Roberts is the guy.

I set the line as maybe +400 that Roberts is going to replace Aranda at LSU.
    I agree with you about Orgeron. He himself was interested in the UL HC job when Hud was hired.

I don't think he would have any qualms,with cherry picking UL's staff.

He already has one from Hud's staff. Burrow thanked him in his Heisman acceptance speach

4. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Do people really believe Bebe wouldn't hire Ron Roberts from "lowly ULL"? If you do, you're living in the past.

The Roberts' love living here and Ron is happy. I'm not worried about Coach Roberts leaving. As much as anyone else on the staff, he knows we're on the brink of something incredible here.

5. UL Football Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    12 years of top rated recruiting classes only to have 4-5 loss seasons. Mediocrity. Underachieving. Fans hurling insults at players. Damning head coaches. That kind of reality.
    They're fine. The fact is that LSU recruiting class usually is not nearly what the Tide class is. The Tide class is again rated #1 on most boards. LSU will beat most good teams, and likely lose at home to Bama. Certainly not an ugly thing.

The band wagon support runs a lot deeper than ours. And that means they'll hang on longer than ours when things get nasty.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Do people really believe Bebe wouldn't hire Ron Roberts from "lowly ULL"? If you do, you're living in the past.

The Roberts' love living here and Ron is happy. I'm not worried about Coach Roberts leaving. As much as anyone else on the staff, he knows we're on the brink of something incredible here.
    Are you implying that Roberts would pass on the LSU dc job if offered?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Rats jumping out of a sinking ship.geaux tigus
    Some of you are so obsessed you can’t process correctly.

LSU’s football program is not a sinking ship. Will they take a step back from this NC season? Sure.

They’ll still be in play for Top 10 ranking by the end of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Some of you are so obsessed you can’t process correctly.

LSU’s football program is not a sinking ship. Will they take a step back from this NC season? Sure.

They’ll still be in play for Top 10 ranking by the end of next season.
    I agree. One thing Orgeron did when he got to LSU was to convince the AD for the need to hire a number of additional "analyst". This is the same thing that Saban and Dabo did and everyone is trying to copy including the Cajuns.

He just happens to have done it better than anyone else. You can pick on the man all you want but it is pretty obvious that he knows how to put together a team of coaches, players, and analyst and then get out of their way to make it all work.

This isn't the LSU of old and while a Joe Burrow doesn't come along often I also don't expect to face plant.

None of which means a hill of beans to us. I'd even argue (like others have) that their success opens up the possibility to get some Louisiana talent that we would have missed out on in previous years.

9. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Are you implying that Roberts would pass on the LSU dc job if offered?
    I don't think he would turn down that opportunity.

Tigers have had 4th most players drafted since 2000, they won’t face plant, talent has never been there problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Tigers have had 4th most players drafted since 2000, they won’t face plant, talent has never been there problem.
    Agreed, but if they go, say 9-3, many 'lovers' and 'haters' of LSU will claim that as a face plant. Losing to Alabama would be explainable, losing to Florida away is explainable (especially if they win the SEC East). But losing at home early to Texas, or at Auburn or at TAMU is a whole different story.

12. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Has anyone looked at there out of conference schedule. They have 4 automatic wins next year.

Texas
    Nichollls
    UTSA
    Rice

13. Default Re: The Baylor opening

They just visited Trump and all he does is win, so they should be ok.

14. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    68 in the last 10 years out of 250 naturalized 4 and 5 star recruits still makes them one of the biggest talent graveyards in the country.

15. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    68 in the last 10 years out of 250 naturalized 4 and 5 star recruits still makes them one of the biggest talent graveyards in the country.
    That, or it shows just how (in)accurate those who bestow stars might be. You know, the ones that give a kid a 4 star when he signs with a good P5 but a 3 star when that same player signs with a G5.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information