Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Baylor opening

Default Re: The Baylor opening

I don’t think Roberts would like to be DC at Baylor, you know Aranda would be controlling the calls

2. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by Peek a boo View Post
    I don't think Roberts would like to be DC at Baylor, you know Aranda would be controlling the calls
    He is much more likely to go east than west if he goes anywhere.

Melt down on their thread is tremendous. knowing your whole team of coaches and players are leaving is tough pill to swallow.

4. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Melt down on their thread is tremendous. knowing your whole team of coaches and players are leaving is tough pill to swallow.
    Like I said earlier, Sabin deals with that every year.

5. Default Re: The Baylor opening

LSU will be fine this coming season. ULMost will be fine, LATurd isn’t gonna finally bankrupt, and the Lamers probably won’t have a bowl game.

6. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Billy has been getting multiple daily mentions on the Sirus college satellite channel for about three weeks now. I think that’s enhanced his worth with players. Don’t think for a second it’s hurting our recruiting chances.
    You are spot on correct!

I 100% agree that Roberts isn't a HC in waiting. He has said, and I have heard, that he doesn't/didn't enjoy the amount of administration BS that goes with it.

That being said, Roberts is one of the most revered defensive minds in the country. His defensive coaching tree are names like: Aranda, Pete Golding, Karl Scott & Toney. He impressed Dykes, as he interviewed for that DC job.

I understand the sentiment that LSU wouldn't hire from lowly ULL, but this ain't your Daddy's Ragin' Cajuns. Apparently Alabama tried to hire our head coach and OL/OC last year. There are a couple of things I respect about Coach O, and one is that he does identify very good coaches. I don't he would give a flying F that he would be hiring from here if he thinks Roberts is the guy.

I set the line as maybe +400 that Roberts is going to replace Aranda at LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    LSU will be fine this coming season. ULMost will be fine, LATurd isn’t gonna finally bankrupt, and the Lamers probably won’t have a bowl game.
    Define the word "fine". Is it like when a depressed teenager says they are "fine"?

Every year tiguh fans feel like they are gonna beat Bama and win it all. Finally happened this year with a hobbled tide team. You think all those people spending their whole weeks check at Academy and Dollar General buy memorabilia are gonna be "fine" when it's back to reality next year?

9. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Define the word "fine". Is it like when a depressed teenager says they are "fine"?

Every year tiguh fans feel like they are gonna beat Bama and win it all. Finally happened this year with a hobbled tide team. You think all those people spending their whole weeks check at Academy and Dollar General buy memorabilia are gonna be "fine" when it's back to reality next year?
    Define “back to reality”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Define “back to reality”
    12 years of top rated recruiting classes only to have 4-5 loss seasons. Mediocrity. Underachieving. Fans hurling insults at players. Damning head coaches. That kind of reality.

Define “back to reality”
    Bingo.

12. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    12 years of top rated recruiting classes only to have 4-5 loss seasons. Mediocrity. Underachieving. Fans hurling insults at players. Damning head coaches. That kind of reality.
    In the last 17 years they have had almost as many national championships as seasons like that.

In the last 17 years they have had almost as many national championships as seasons like that.
    4 to 5 loses a year is a bit much . Reality for them is losing 2 to 3 games year and complaining how long has it been since they beat Bama.

14. Default Re: The Baylor opening

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    4 to 5 loses a year is a bit much . Reality for them is losing 2 to 3 games year and complaining how long has it been since they beat Bama.
    My point is, let’s not be them. Let’s enjoy what we have rather than spend time casting shady stones. We recently heralded 4 - 9 and 4 - seasons then cast stones against the same criteria.

We are where we want to be, to some ahead of time. Looks like we dodged the bullet and have kept our coaching staff in place. The future is bright. Why in the hell are any of us focusing on the east?

My point is, let’s not be them. Let’s enjoy what we have rather than spend time casting shady stones. We recently heralded 4 - 9 and 4 - seasons then cast stones against the same criteria.

We are where we want to be, to some ahead of time. Looks like we dodged the bullet and have kept our coaching staff in place. The future is bright. Why in the hell are any of us focusing on the east?
    to be honest, if it were a true let be and let live on their end, we would not be even discussing it. Honestly, we didnt start the war. All we did was dare to achieve and move up from lower levels and call our selves the University of Louisiana. In return, they summoned their supporters and it took an act of congress to create the U of La system. I can understand the bitterness and hate some have because it dwells deep in me too. Not trying to argue but just giving one of the main reasons we even concern ourselves with that school by a river.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information