Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mike Leach to Miss St

1. Default Re: Mike Leach to Miss St

Great, but how many diamonds in the rough are there in any short time spans. I’m torn, I want Billy here, and I want him to get a big gig. If he’s never getting that gig it almost certainly means he’s not nearly as successful as we’d like.

2. Default Re: Mike Leach to Miss St

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Great, but how many diamonds in the rough are there in any short time spans. I’m torn, I want Billy here, and I want him to get a big gig. If he’s never getting that gig it almost certainly means he’s not nearly as successful as we’d like.
    I want him to stay here because he only wants a specific job/jobs. Meaning until those jobs come open, he will stay put. Not sure if that will happen, but how awesome would it be if he only wants South Carolina, Alabama, Clemson, etc and he stays here until those become available and they don't because Saban either continues to coach or they go another direction, Dabo stays at Clemson and Muschamp begins to win. I know I am living a pipe dream on the fact that he would not eventually take another job even if all of the above happen, but man it would be nice.

GEAUX CAJUNS and STAY NAPIER!!!!

Default Re: Mike Leach to Miss St

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I want him to stay here because he only wants a specific job/jobs. Meaning until those jobs come open, he will stay put. Not sure if that will happen, but how awesome would it be if he only wants South Carolina, Alabama, Clemson, etc and he stays here until those become available and they don't because Saban either continues to coach or they go another direction, Dabo stays at Clemson and Muschamp begins to win. I know I am living a pipe dream on the fact that he would not eventually take another job even if all of the above happen, but man it would be nice.

GEAUX CAJUNS and STAY NAPIER!!!!
    Good thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    For the umpteenth time, how good is Dr. Maggard for reeling in BN? Every hire is a grand slam.
    I mean, you're right, but it's a lot easier to make quality hires when you pay quality money for said hires. We act like he's a wizard or something. He's boosting salaries to get competitive hires and in turn he increases ticket prices and parking.we complain.it's not rocket science folks

5. Default Re: Mike Leach to Miss St

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    I mean, you're right, but it's a lot easier to make quality hires when you pay quality money for said hires. We act like he's a wizard or something. He's boosting salaries to get competitive hires and in turn he increases ticket prices and parking.we complain.it's not rocket science folks
    Maggard's brilliance is his ability to pull off a double ended sales job.

Let the reader use discernment

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .He is a yat and partly because of that has a strong recruiting presence in NO.Slick I remember when he met Ronnie Boo Irving at the reunion and talked Purple Knights football.along with his Karr success, he can sellhated how he got kids to ltur when he was therehe told me some stories as I quizzed him on different kids recruited!
    Anybody want to guess at which assistants will leave. All would consider moving on for the right price. Thinking Leger and Desormeaux are not looking but others may be.

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Mike Leach to Miss St

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Anybody want to guess at which assistants will leave. All would consider moving on for the right price. Thinking Leger and Desormeaux are not looking but others may be.
    Wholesale moves aren't good for a program in general. Some movement can, in general, be good. The head coach needs a fresh infusion of talented coaches to help him keep things from getting stale. Often that's the difference between average and good head coaches, the ability to identify and get quality assistants.

We shall see as time goes by that BN will be one of the best at that.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Coach Juluke has wanted to be in Lafayette since he was a kid. Found this out from one out of my good friends who got that straight from coach J. Started coming to Lafayette to watch all of the St. AUG players we had on the team back in the mid seventies. No idea if that means anything or not, just passing on an interesting tidbit I heard about in Mobile last weekend. .
    I agree Rick, I had a great talk with him at the bowl game one evening. He loves Lafayette, but I am not sure he will stay if the right job or money came along.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I agree Rick, I had a great talk with him at the bowl game one evening. He loves Lafayette, but I am not sure he will stay if the right job or money came along.
    If Coach Juluke gets to coach in the SEC for 300 grand or more I believe he moves on.

There is precedent for Coach Napier remaining as our head coach a bit longer than we think. One example is Chris Peterson remained head coach at Boise St. 8 years and was wildly successful before moving over to Washington. He could have been long gone from Boise had he wanted. Peterson waited for THE job he apparently coveted. Timing is everything, too.

11. Default Re: Mike Leach to Miss St

I can’t wait for mike leach’s press conferences where he’s talking about hog tying fat girls while ringing his cow bell.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    I can’t wait for mike leach’s press conferences where he’s talking about hog tying fat girls while ringing his cow bell.
    I'm gonna need the blue pill after that mental imagery my wife thanks you lol.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    There is precedent for Coach Napier remaining as our head coach a bit longer than we think. One example is Chris Peterson remained head coach at Boise St. 8 years and was wildly successful before moving over to Washington. He could have been long gone from Boise had he wanted. Peterson waited for THE job he apparently coveted. Timing is everything, too.
    Another case of this was Jeff Bauer at USM back in the day. But he was unique as well. As be wanted to be in the town where his daughter was buried.

Ok, I had stopped reading elitedogs last week, but decided to check it out today. There is a thread about BN, and man they are really tearing into Napier, his haircut, his wife, Lafayette, the school, etc., etc.,etc. It's so weird and really comical how they went from being totally in love with him, to now absoultly despising himjust because he turned them down.
    BTW, they keep saying he was a fool to turn down the $4 million, when he only makes $800K here. I know his base is ~$850K, but doesn't he get some RCAF money as well? And bonuses? Anyone figure out/know what his salary ended up being this year? Same questions for the staff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information