Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

https://cr3adventurez.wordpress.com/.ree-bowl-2020/

My review of the game day experience.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don't understand why ESPN never showed the angle (at least I didn't see it) from the endzone that clearly showed it was a fumble.
    they showed it about 3 times , but never focused on that view. i would guess the tv replay guys take their cue from the announcing guys. when i said the overturn was the correct call, this was the view i had seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    The LaTech/Miami Hurricane game was boring, but if we're honest, most of us would have rather drawn the Hurricanes over the Redhawks in our bowl game. Boring or not, LaTech walked away with another P5 scalp.
    sure we would have, but it doesn't benefit them any more than if they played the Miami team we played. they have hit their ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    they showed it about 3 times , but never focused on that view. i would guess the tv replay guys take their cue from the announcing guys. when i said the overturn was the correct call, this was the view i had seen.
    I don't know nothin' about tv sports production, b ut I would htink that the director is calling up the replays used, and the announcer' respond accordingly. I think the director has better access to all of the cameras than do the anoouncers. Just a guess.

The LaTech/Miami Hurricane game was boring, but if we're honest, most of us would have rather drawn the Hurricanes over the Redhawks in our bowl game. Boring or not, LaTech walked away with another P5 scalp.
    I watched both games and although it’s difficult to compare teams that don’t share the field the Red Hawks looked to be way more complete than the Hurricanes.

I’m over the whole Canes / Red Hawks discussion. It’s been pretty quiet on this board from the Tech side and you have to ask yourself why. Had we laid an egg Monday night they would have made the off season a nightmare on here. Take a deep breath.we are on the cusps of greatness!

6. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Louisiana is SBC runner up and MAC Champion.

The veritable MAC scalp is on the Sports Mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    When we played A-State a few years ago and there was a reversal which gave us the win I learned something that came in handy when talking about that fumble/non fumble.

When you are watching the officials talking with the replay booth, watch the official standing next to the ref. If he starts writing stuff down, there's a reversal coming. They are writing down the spot and the time that should be on the clock. We couldn't tell on replay, but when the guy started writing stuff down, we called it in the booth that the play would be overturned.
    One thing that I noticed also. When they showed the running back walking off of the field after the reversal, he never argued that he was down. He simply walked off the field like he knew it was a fumble. No emotion.

Congrats on the win and your season!

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    When we played A-State a few years ago and there was a reversal which gave us the win I learned something that came in handy when talking about that fumble/non fumble.

When you are watching the officials talking with the replay booth, watch the official standing next to the ref. If he starts writing stuff down, there's a reversal coming. They are writing down the spot and the time that should be on the clock. We couldn't tell on replay, but when the guy started writing stuff down, we called it in the booth that the play would be overturned.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don't understand why ESPN never showed the angle (at least I didn't see it) from the endzone that clearly showed it was a fumble.
    They did show it. I also did not think it was a fumble until ESPN showed the play from that angle.

11. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum89 View Post
    Congrats on the win and your season!
    Thank you APPALUM. I think the Cajuns and The Mountaineers proved they they by far the best two teams in the conference from start to finish. You guys had an incredible season going 13-1 is impressive with two wins over P5 schools and knocking off a decent UAB team in the bowl game.

I see this UL/APP battle being fun for years to come.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for APP as I have lived in NC for the past 10 years. Hope you guys continue to win, but except when you play us.

Good luck AppAlum with you new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    They did show it. I also did not think it was a fumble until ESPN showed the play from that angle.
    Same here. They only showed it twice, and you had to really study it to see the ball moving. But once you did, it was plainly obvious that he'd lost control of it before he touched the ground.

It was a better call than the phantom knee down on Bester's second touchdown. His knee was never down. But he scored on the next play, so it was moot.

TV Ratings:

LendingTree Bowl
    Louisiana 27, Miami (OH) 17
    Attendance: 29,212
    TV Rating: 1.45 mil (avg)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Thank you APPALUM. I think the Cajuns and The Mountaineers proved they they by far the best two teams in the conference from start to finish. You guys had an incredible season going 13-1 is impressive with two wins over P5 schools and knocking off a decent UAB team in the bowl game.

I see this UL/APP battle being fun for years to come.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for APP as I have lived in NC for the past 10 years. Hope you guys continue to win, but except when you play us.

Good luck AppAlum with you new coach.
    Thanks for the wishes and look forward to more great games between us. Hope to make it to Lafayette in 21.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Pretty amazing that four of the five FBS teams in the state of Louisiana went to and won bowl games this year, and LSU of course, is about to play foe the championship. Makes me wonder how ULM recruits anybody to that place. They have absolutely nothing going for them up there.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information