Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    CBSsports ranks the bowls. Pretty good take, I'd say.but I think they kind of ignored the fact that we held them 3 downs when they were on the 1 yrd line, which then led to the spectacular 4th down fail. One thing could not have happened without the other.

23. Lendingtree Bowl (26) -- Louisiana 27, Miami (OH) 17: They did not save the best bowl game for last; instead, they saved one of the averager bowls for last. Yes, I'm just making up words now. I've gone mad with power. This game wasn't exciting until the last few minutes. The RedHawks had a chance to cut it to a three-point game late, but their receiver was literally tackled by his shirt tail. It was the strongest shirt in the history of shirts, as it just would not tear, and he was tackled at the one-yard line. A few plays later, it was fourth-and-goal at the 1, and instead of taking the field goal they needed, Miami decided to go for it. The snap then never left the ground and went skidding past the quarterback for a 15-yard loss and a turnover on downs.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.worst-to-best/
    LOL Tech's bowl was ranked last, due to boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    That was a god awul painful game to watch.

When we played A-State a few years ago and there was a reversal which gave us the win I learned something that came in handy when talking about that fumble/non fumble.

When you are watching the officials talking with the replay booth, watch the official standing next to the ref. If he starts writing stuff down, there's a reversal coming. They are writing down the spot and the time that should be on the clock. We couldn't tell on replay, but when the guy started writing stuff down, we called it in the booth that the play would be overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    When we played A-State a few years ago and there was a reversal which gave us the win I learned something that came in handy when talking about that fumble/non fumble.

When you are watching the officials talking with the replay booth, watch the official standing next to the ref. If he starts writing stuff down, there's a reversal coming. They are writing down the spot and the time that should be on the clock. We couldn't tell on replay, but when the guy started writing stuff down, we called it in the booth that the play would be overturned.
    I don't understand why ESPN never showed the angle (at least I didn't see it) from the endzone that clearly showed it was a fumble.

Hmmm, interesting. I’ll definitely be looking for the stripes to take out a pen and paper next time.

Good infoI always kind of wondered about that.

7. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    CBSsports ranks the bowls. Pretty good take, I'd say.but I think they kind of ignored the fact that we held them 3 downs when they were on the 1 yrd line, which then led to the spectacular 4th down fail. One thing could not have happened without the other.

23. Lendingtree Bowl (26) -- Louisiana 27, Miami (OH) 17: They did not save the best bowl game for last; instead, they saved one of the averager bowls for last. Yes, I'm just making up words now. I've gone mad with power. This game wasn't exciting until the last few minutes. The RedHawks had a chance to cut it to a three-point game late, but their receiver was literally tackled by his shirt tail. It was the strongest shirt in the history of shirts, as it just would not tear, and he was tackled at the one-yard line. A few plays later, it was fourth-and-goal at the 1, and instead of taking the field goal they needed, Miami decided to go for it. The snap then never left the ground and went skidding past the quarterback for a 15-yard loss and a turnover on downs.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.worst-to-best/
    Good Lord, was the writer even paying attention. The ball definitely left the ground. It went to the left between mid calf to just below the waist. At least that’s what the in stadium replay looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The fumble.runner's left arm away from body, right arm against runner’s body, ball sitting loose on runner's belly, back not on ground. Butler put helmet right on the ball. Excellent reversal. Sorry, can't rotate pic.
    I finally watched the telecast last night and this was exactly what I saw. Ball floating uncontrolled while RB spins and all before he hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Good Lord, was the writer even paying attention. The ball definitely left the ground. It went to the left between mid calf to just below the waist. At least that’s what the in stadium replay looked like.
    He was trying to be overly-dramatic. I'd say it was mid-calf level.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    The LaTech/Miami Hurricane game was boring, but if we're honest, most of us would have rather drawn the Hurricanes over the Redhawks in our bowl game. Boring or not, LaTech walked away with another P5 scalp.

Thanks to you, first thing I said when I saw the guy holding the notepad was we're getting the ball back.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don't understand why ESPN never showed the angle (at least I didn't see it) from the endzone that clearly showed it was a fumble.
    I saw that angle from the end zone once and it was a very brief look. I thought that angle showed the fumble but wasn't sure they would overturn the call based on that brief replay.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Their fan site has gazillions pages for this topic Perhaps you can educate them lol
    I went explain it, someone thought it proved their point.

Seems there is some history between the replay official and Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I went explain it, someone thought it proved their point.

Seems there is some history between the replay official and Miami.
    He was an assistant coach for one year in 2009 but left to South Florida. I don't know the circumstances of his departure. Not a good look for him to be officiating but it was ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    The LaTech/Miami Hurricane game was boring, but if we're honest, most of us would have rather drawn the Hurricanes over the Redhawks in our bowl game. Boring or not, LaTech walked away with another P5 scalp.
    And we would have beaten them to a pulp and everyone would've be on Duval street at halftime. Let's just enjoy they victory. We beat the Real Miami.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information