Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Nice!

Lots of UL people. Was crazy fun. Thanks to Cajun T, Jeaux, Rca, beavis, Lanny, and all I was too drunk to remember.

2. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Nice!
    on a cold winter Monday night in Januaryplaying A northern team 2 states over.not bad!

Couple major heroes this season: Artigue’s turnaround and Lewis’s incredible maturation. On LL, you have to wonder if it was Napier, Leger, or Des that had the biggest impact on LL.

Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Attendance on ESPN shows 29,212
    I can believe it, Mobile gave out tons of tickets at least the last two sections on our side. I was talking to a guy from Mobile behind me and asked him if Mobile gave out a lot of tickets and he replied oh yea, I still have a couple in my pocket.

Great crowd both fan bases were very involved, the tailgate was nice and got to meet some fans that we normally wouldn't, stadium is what it is, the locals were into the game, the win was great, the refs I don't know which division they were from but they seemed to handle the game well, and letting the fans down onto the field for the trophy presentation was a great way to get the fans involved. Now the administration needs to get rolling and capitalize on the win and market the ____ out of this team

5. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I can believe it, Mobile gave out tons of tickets at least the last two sections on our side. I was talking to a guy from Mobile behind me and asked him if Mobile gave out a lot of tickets and he replied oh yea, I still have a couple in my pocket.

Great crowd both fan bases were very involved, the tailgate was nice and got to meet some fans that we normally wouldn't, stadium is what it is, the locals were into the game, the win was great, the refs I don't know which division they were from but they seemed to handle the game well, and letting the fans down onto the field for the trophy presentation was a great way to get the fans involved. Now the administration needs to get rolling and capitalize on the win and market the ____ out of this team
    The referees were from the AAC--American Athletic Conference.

6. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by bjc6267 View Post
    Couple major heroes this season: Artigue's turnaround and Lewis's incredible maturation. On LL, you have to wonder if it was Napier, Leger, or Des that had the biggest impact on LL.
    The playing time Napier gave Lewis last year paid huge dividends this year.

I don't think his play last year justified the minutes but I do think that whatever continuity it took away from last years team, actually led to several extra wins this year.

Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The playing time Napier gave Lewis last year paid huge dividends this year.

I don't think his play last year justified the minutes but I do think that whatever continuity it took away from last years team, actually led to several extra wins this year.

Napier.
    He was a leader on the field and especially in the locker room last year too. Coach Napier knew exactly what he was doing.

8. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    He was a leader on the field and especially in the locker room last year too. Coach Napier knew exactly what he was doing.
    Obviously he knew what he was doing, but the reward was this year, not last year.

9. Default Re: Lending Tree Bowl Final: Louisiana 27, Miami 17

From my vantage point, this bowl game wasn’t nearly the worst attended. Cajun Nation did a good job. And loud and lively.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    From my vantage point, this bowl game wasn’t nearly the worst attended. Cajun Nation did a good job. And loud and lively.

From all the feet pounding on those old decrepit bleachers it was loud and fans were engaged. We had more in attendance then I thought we would have

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    From all the feet pounding on those old decrepit bleachers it was loud and fans were engaged. We had more in attendance then I thought we would have
    Man, it was a blast sitting with you. We had some fun LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post

The crowd was very nice and we had a really good turnout, but there's no way there were 29K. And the refs were bad as usual, particularly on spotting the ball, terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Man, it was a blast sitting with you. We had some fun LOL.
    Great meeting you too. Now I can put your radio voice to a face.

crap, you were right next to us for a while at the tailgate, wish I would have put it together, my wife and I were sitting at the end of a table and you were standing right next to us having introductions

As always this thread was an entertaining read. The game was a bit frustrating at times but overall it was very fun. I was also pleasantly surprised by our crowd. Hard to tell but it looked like we had a good 7k there. Was great being on the field after the game with players and coaches. Great tailgate and good after party. Overall a great few days!

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread Information