Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana football player arrested following altercation

Default Louisiana football player arrested following altercation

Dang it, not news we wanted on Christmas, or any day for that matter.

https://www.katc.com/homepage-showca.ng-altercation

Default Re: Louisiana football player arrested following altercation

is this the future? in general, is it because of social media or millennials.

but lets say there is a scenario involving what we used to refer to as a fair fightnow it seems the loser of the fair fight if ends up in hospital, causes the winner to go to jail. doesnt seem any real way to know “who started it” .why does losing and getting whooped exonerate someone? not really talking football or specifics of this case.

meanwhile based on our beloved media culture, seems they are quick to get our guys name in paper, but i surmise if this happens at some bigger skools media waits and possibly police even handle ot differently to,see if they can let their athlete go

5. Default Re: Louisiana football player arrested following altercation

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    is this the future? in general, is it because of social media or millennials.

but lets say there is a scenario involving what we used to refer to as a fair fightnow it seems the loser of the fair fight if ends up in hospital, causes the winner to go to jail. doesnt seem any real way to know “who started it” .why does losing and getting whooped exonerate someone? not really talking football or specifics of this case.
    Don’t know the circumstances here so let’s not speculate.

As far as I know unless someone can prove that the other was the aggressor you’ve got disorderly behavior. Both should be changed with disturbing the peace as only the fight was evidenced.

This guy wasn't a starter, was he? I don't recognize his name.

8. Default Re: Louisiana football player arrested following altercation

Not a starter, not a regular player. Still he was taking up a scholarship, but I don’t think we’re going to get an extra spot because I think this was his last year.

The article said he just graduated. Don't know if he sill had eligibility or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    The article said he just graduated. Don't know if he sill had eligibility or not.
    At this point, I'd say no.

I'll go back to what Maggard stated awhile back, his rule is the same as Robe's rule. 1 year dismissal, return not guaranteed.

On the bright side, the season isn't over so this won't count in the Flumer Cup standings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    At this point, I'd say no.

I'll go back to what Maggard stated awhile back, his rule is the same as Robe's rule. 1 year dismissal, return not guaranteed.

On the bright side, the season isn't over so this won't count in the Flumer Cup standings.
    Listen flunkie, it is the Fulmer Cup!

12. Default Re: Louisiana football player arrested following altercation

He played a decent amount last year before he blew out his knee. He is a senior who has exhausted his eligibility. Ironically this happened 4/10 of a mile from the Lafayette parish prison. It sounds like the altercation might have taken place at the Jefferson street pub or very near by.

On the bright side as far as we know no weapons were involved. At least we were spared the comments about how in the old days guys just used their fists.

On the bright side, it looks like he won the fight at least

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    On the bright side, it looks like he won the fight at least
    Yea. Woohoo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information