Thread: Napier has a plan for long layoff until UL bowl game

1. UL Football Napier has a plan for long layoff until UL bowl game

A year ago, the window was tight.

The UL football team had just two weeks from its Sun Belt Conference championship game loss at Appalachian State until its Cure Bowl loss to Tulane in Orlando

2. Default Re: Napier has a plan for long layoff until UL bowl game

Is it just me that thinks almost every article in the AdverTiger lacks depth and breath. There’s not much more in this article than the tease on RP. It’s generally not worth the click to move on to the article.

Default Re: Napier has a plan for long layoff until UL bowl game

Buckley, go back to Portland would you.

Thought it was Salt Lake City.

5. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Napier has a plan for long layoff until UL bowl game

Dever was what I recall.

Getting back to the title of the article I still have no idea how Billy is adressing the issues except he's actually got more time to address the things that caused us to lose to the Lamers. The Lamers who had the same number of days to get ready for the bowl, much like Miami will have the same number.

Maybe Billy like Hud gets better results with more prep time, but the article doesn’t mention anything about that possibility.

Tulane didn’t play in a conference championship game in 2018 as Louisiana did. Tulane had 1 extra week of preparation last year.

7. Default Re: Napier has a plan for long layoff until UL bowl game

Tulane was practicing just like we were for our championship game. They just weren’t sure who they’d be playing. So from a practice standpoint equal.

8. Default Re: Napier has a plan for long layoff until UL bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Tulane was practicing just like we were for our championship game. They just weren’t sure who they’d be playing. So from a practice standpoint equal.
    I was wondering why Tulane looked so fresh last year.

Why is there a layoff? I thought part of reason for wanting a bowl is to get extra practices? Now layoff is deemed a problem? Thought we had unlimited practices if skool not in session

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Why is there a layoff? I thought part of reason for wanting a bowl is to get extra practices? Now layoff is deemed a problem? Thought we had unlimited practices if skool not in session
    Nope
    I think each school gets 15 practices

Just think of it like last year Tulane had a bye week before the bowl game and the Cajuns did not. Both could practice but the greenies had an advantage

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Just think of it like last year Tulane had a bye week before the bowl game and the Cajuns did not. Both could practice but the greenies had an advantage
    Coach talked about the games last year and the problems with exams and recruiting along with signing.think he felt he would have handled it differentlygeaux Cajuns!!!

Thread Information