Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Watch

Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Sheeiittttt. App wins by 35+. This one ain't close at half. Take big, big money to your bookie on this one.
    I don't know how big App will win, but I don't see the coaching change having any effect on the. Their new coach is known to them and the person the players wanted. Staff, at least right now, is the same. Practice and everything surrounding the program will be the same, at least for now. I think after the second bowl practice their old coach was at most an after thought.

Looks like Buffalo is putting a whipping on Charlotte in the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    UAB + 17 against App St?? I don't know about that one Cap...
    Nope will be a 10 point game kids will not be motivated after everything that happened

Snubbed by the belk & coaching change will effect them.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Nope will be a 10 point game kids will not be motivated after everything that happened
    They may or may nor be motivated, but I don't think they will be adversely affected because their head coach of one year has left. Especially since the rest of the staff remains, including their position coaches, and the got the guy they wanted for head coach anyway.
    Plus, it was a done deal in like 48 hours. No time to wonder what was going to happen. If anything, the players will probably be breathing a sigh of relief that its done and almost everything is the same as before.
    I'm not saying App wins by 20+; I am saying that, whatever the outcome, it won't be because their one-year head coach left.

Snubbed by the belk & coaching change will effect them.
    They will be more than motivated to prove people wrong. You really think these kids will come out flat in the last game and lose a chance to finish ranked in the top 20? Maybe even top 15? Forget about it. They will come out balls to the wall. Mark my words and take it to the bank.

App's speed will be on full display on the turf in the dome tonight. If you think their offense was impressive against UL in the 1st half, watch tonight.
    I really think Drinkwitz made a mistake by pulling on the reins when they got up by 3 scores. That was a big complaint about him from a bunch of their fans pre-game 2 weeks ago. I really believe they could have scored 60 against us that day had they kept the foot on the gas.
    App -17 is the lock of the bowl season, IMO

They will be more than motivated to prove people wrong. You really think these kids will come out flat in the last game and lose a chance to finish ranked in the top 20? Maybe even top 15? Forget about it. They will come out balls to the wall. Mark my words and take it to the bank.
    You see it every year teams that believed they have been placed in a "lesser bowl" don't have that edge

I do think UAB is not a great team but I promise you their coach is beating that drum

As a better I'm not touching that line

App's speed will be on full display on the turf in the dome tonight. If you think their offense was impressive against UL in the 1st half, watch tonight.
    I really think Drinkwitz made a mistake by pulling on the reins when they got up by 3 scores. That was a big complaint about him from a bunch of their fans pre-game 2 weeks ago. I really believe they could have scored 60 against us that day had they kept the foot on the gas.
    This is what I’m interested in seeing as well. Their fans have stated all year long that drink goes into conservative mode every game. Wondering if the new guy keeps the foot on the gas

You see it every year teams that believed they have been placed in a "lesser bowl" don't have that edge

I do think UAB is not a great team but I promise you their coach is beating that drum
    Meh...he can beat it all he wants. Won't matter. Total mismatch. 69-21 or something like that

Camellia bowl at 4:30 with Ark State New Orleans bowl at 8:00. Both on ESPN. TNT has a Star Wars Marathon on this weekend.

I think I will bake a couple of cakes and make some egg nog.

11. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Louisiana removed App's foot off the gas, not Drinknsplitz.

Alcorn states QB must be Lewis's brother same size same throwing motion same down field struggles

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana removed App's foot off the gas, not Drinknsplitz.
    I think you're wrong

14. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

I'll say this about it: Once we switched back to our normal 4 down lineman and got away from the 3 man front (and also stopped rotating the LBs every 2nd play), we were a lot more effective at the point of attack. Also, ole Zac Thomas got his arse smoked on that fumble. I think his bell was ringing a little bit...

Maybe it was a little bit of both.

I agree with Yokel..The motto in the App locker room is "Tonight, I give my all for App State"...there won't be a drop off..App by 30...

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information