Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Watch

1. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I didn't watch a minute of either one. I have no interest in the P5's faux national championship, and i am not a fan of any of the schools involved.
    You are not a fan of football, however you are of the greatest of Cajun Football Fans. Nothing wrong with that.

2. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This is very unfortunate! It would easily become the best in state rivalry and garner financial success and regional interest. It just makes too much sense to play annually or at least biannually.
    Both schools too busy hating to make something happen for both that is good. Very unfortunate.

Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m on the UL side always. Common knowledge is not evidence. Lacking evidence they get the benefit of the doubt, not us to the national audience.

Don’t U get that? I don’t need the evidence for myself or UL fans, I need it for the doubters that Boomer wants to know the truth. IMO there’s gotta be evidence somewhere.
    what other types of evidence are you looking for, did you look at anything i posted?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m on the UL side always. Common knowledge is not evidence. Lacking evidence they get the benefit of the doubt, not us to the national audience.

Don’t U get that? I don’t need the evidence for myself or UL fans, I need it for the doubters that Boomer wants to know the truth. IMO there’s gotta be evidence somewhere.
    our university website says it was registered as a trademark “ a legal presumption of ownership of the mark and the exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration;”. effective april of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Both schools too busy hating to make something happen for both that is good. Very unfortunate.
    That’s just plain crazy. You are conflating fan chatter with all the good that our admin is doing.

who is more likely to steal something:
    things we stole: ???

list of all their so called traditions:

a. eye of tiger- stolen from rocky
    b. fdl
    c. colors purple and gold - stolen from mardi gras
    d. name of stadium
    e. nickname of stadium (death valley) dont recall seeing any mountains nearby to form said valley and think this one was first, " the afternoon of July 10, 1913, the United States Weather Bureau recorded a high temperature of 134 °F (56.7 °C) at Furnace Creek in Death Valley."
    f. chinese bandits - name stolen from mercinaries who fought on the side of the chinese. "Their P-40B aircraft, marked with Chinese colors, flew under American control. Their mission was to bomb Japan and defend China"
    g. LSU's first alma mater was sung to the tune of "Far Above Cayuga's Waters" used by Cornell University.[
    h. "Tiger Rag" was first made popular by the Original Dixieland Jazz Band in 1917. It has been adopted by a number of schools who, like LSU, claim a tiger as a mascot
    i. money from legislature to build "dorms"

* nickname tigers - too numerous to list, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigers_(sports_teams)

footnote https://www.postandcourier.com/sport.03fe214b6.html
    lagniappe

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You are not a fan of football, however you are of the greatest of Cajun Football Fans. Nothing wrong with that.
    I am a fan of football. I just have no interest in any so called playoff that excludes half the class supposedly competing for the title by rule, and which choses its participants by the decision of a committe rather than by an established criteria of on-field accomplishment.

8. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I am a fan of football. I just have no interest in any so called playoff that excludes half the class supposedly competing for the title by rule, and which choses its participants by the decision of a committe rather than by an established criteria of on-field accomplishment.
    YES!!

If properly run, collegiate football would far surpass the NFL in popularity in this country. It's more compelling in every way. But, the downgrading of the so called G5 programs, along with destroyed rivalries and abysmal postseason, continues to hurt CFB. It's becoming far too regionalized and like you mentioned, it excludes 90% of the country after December 20th. From a business standpoint, that's complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    YES!!

If properly run, collegiate football would far surpass the NFL in popularity in this country. It's more compelling in every way. But, the downgrading of the so called G5 programs, along with destroyed rivalries and abysmal postseason, continues to hurt CFB. It's becoming far too regionalized and like you mentioned, it excludes 90% of the country after December 20th. From a business standpoint, that's complete nonsense.
    The problem is that what is good for college football is in the short term not good for the non- elite 50 programs in the P5, because the minute the field expands to include all conference champions the less successful 2/3 of the P5 lose their recruiting advantage over the G5.

while looking at the football schedule i stumbled across another thing lswho stolesorry.makes you wonder if the have anything of their own and if the few degrees their players receive are stolen too

“Wyoming's mascot is "Pistol Pete" (first seen in 1917 and redesigned in 2002),[3] a student dressed up like a cowboy.“OR Pistol Pete is the athletics mascot of Oklahoma State University. The Pistol Pete mascot costume features traditional cowboy attire and a headpiece resembling Frank Eaton. Pistol Pete has been the mascot for the Oklahoma State Cowboys since 1923

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post

b. fdl
    d. name of stadium
    e. nickname of stadium (death valley) dont recall seeing any mountains nearby to form said valley and think this one was first, " the afternoon of July 10, 1913, the United States Weather Bureau recorded a high temperature of 134 °F (56.7 °C) at Furnace Creek in Death Valley."
    f. chinese bandits - name stolen from mercinaries who fought on the side of the chinese. "Their P-40B aircraft, marked with Chinese colors, flew under American control. Their mission was to bomb Japan and defend China"
    g. LSU's first alma mater was sung to the tune of "Far Above Cayuga's Waters" used by Cornell University.[
    h. "Tiger Rag" was first made popular by the Original Dixieland Jazz Band in 1917. It has been adopted by a number of schools who, like LSU, claim a tiger as a mascot

* nickname tigers - too numerous to list, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigers_(sports_teams)

lagniappe
    J. “Hey Fighting Tiger” taken from the song “Hey Look Me Over” from a Broadway musical.

this thread, meant to be about the bowl season, has become one of the best wannabe threads ever on this board, and let me tell you there are great nominees around here for that short list.

but i apologize for my eyeball-rolling; i'll bug out, so mat can tell y'all more "100% known facts" and regale you with stories of next year's march to a nyd6 bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post

b. fdl
    d. name of stadium

lagniappe
    lsu stole " Death Valley" from Clemson. Clemson's stadium was given that nickname by an opposing coach in 1945, when he compared the heat in the concrete stadium in September to that in the natural Death Valley in California.

Howard's Rock, tne famous rock in the entrance tunnel at Clemson, is a rock removed from Death Valley, CA, by a Clemson fan and donated to the school.

15. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    but i apologize for my eyeball-rolling; i'll bug out, so mat can tell y'all more "100% known facts" and regale you with stories of next year's march to a nyd6 bowl.
    Paper Tiger seems bitter that Cajun fans talk about things that benefit Cajun programs.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread Information