Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Watch

Quote Originally Posted by BLU View Post
    Dude our team was still gelling, new schemes. Once the got on the same page well you know the rest lol. So tell me, who has the cajuns beat?
    Oh my, you’re going there.

Well for starters, we beat 4 teams who are in bowl games, 3 of them with winning records and two of them won their bowl game.

You beat ONE team with a winning record this season not named Grambling.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Oh my, you’re going there.

Well for starters, we beat 4 teams who are in bowl games, 3 of them with winning records and two of them won their bowl game.

You beat ONE team with a winning record this season not named Grambling.
    Ahhh that’s fair enough lol, who are those teams by the way? I know one of them is Liberty I think.

Ahhh that’s fair enough lol, who are those teams by the way? I know one of them is Liberty I think.
    Touché.

Ohio, Liberty, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern

Naww we would beat them badly, seriously what could they do against us? Run? hahaha Not happening. Pass? Nope, Say hello to Amik Roberston and Jay Sneed
    BLU.stop. This game would be really tight on all sides of the ball.

Touché.

Thanks, Ark State is a good win

Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    BLU.stop.
    FIFY.

Temple got a shackling wonder if AAC will use P6 this year lol

Touché.

And the Ohio, Arkansas State and Georgia State victories were all on the road!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    MAT, I agree that the game was uneventful and that Miami has fallen very hard. But don't think for one minute that if the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't be beating our chest. Tech has all the rights in the world to celebrate what unfolded last night and unfortunately use it to their advantage.

Yes, without question the Cajuns would have hung 14+ on Miami last night but in my opinion that is besides the point.
    The fact of the matter is that we could beat the MAC Champion Miami of Ohio by 60 points and it still would not garner as much respect nationally as did LaTech's 14-0 win over The University of Miami. The national perception of a win over a P5 school is simply much better than a win over a G5 team, even if that G5 team is a G5 Conference Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    The fact of the matter is that we could beat the MAC Champion Miami of Ohio by 60 points and it still would not garner as much respect nationally as did LaTech's 14-0 win over The University of Miami. The national perception of a win over a P5 school is simply much better than a win over a G5 team, even if that G5 team is a G5 Conference Champion.
    And I’m not disagreeing with you. That was kind of the point I’m making.

11. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

So your saying UL beating The Cradle of Coaches Miami would garner negative respect.

I ask because yesterday Tech got zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So your saying UL beating The Cradle of Coaches Miami would garner negative respect.

I ask because yesterday Tech got zero.
    Yes. The only coverage of the game was how low Miami has sunk and how terrible a game it was.

no need to create little rationalizing constructs here [cradle of coaches crap]; every one of us would have preferred to find out the cajuns were in a bowl against real miami when the matchups came out. a no-brainer. doesn't mean a win in mobile isn't a feather in the cap, tho.

In this day and age, there is really very little national notariaty gained by winning Bowl games unless it’s a New Year’s Day game or the BCS games.

techie will have the distinguished honor of outlasting a horrible team and being in the worst bowl game of the year at a dying bowl that cant even pay its bills

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information