Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bowl Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What I hate about the whole “star” ratings is that if those 33 players signed with Tech or Louisiana 80% would have been graded out as 3 stars because of who they signed with.it’s extremely biased.

So true, the ratings system is very biased towards P5 schools.

Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

There is no difference in talent between the bottom half of the P5 and the top half of the G5. If these games were played 50/50 home/away, there would be a 50/50 W/L record for all games combined.

If there were a group of schools who should form a union, it is this group.

Quote Originally Posted by BLU View Post
    How do they taste? hahaha
    Ha ha.pleaseyou can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And their crowd is double what we're going to see for ours.
    The top 5 crowds at the NO Bowl are the games that UL played in. There is a good reason for that. Since Shreveport is about 70 miles from Ruston and there are a good number Tech alums in the Shreveport area I would expect that they would have a good crowd.

5. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

I don't think everyone here is discrediting the win. I for one am not. Regardless of skill level Miami showed this season that is a nice win vs. a P5 program with rich history.
    I am 'discredting'. Taking a huge asparagus (p)iss all over that win. Btw, what win?? Take a look at any social media platform. The only thing the CFB nation is talking about is how far Miami has fallen and how awful the game was. That should tell you all you need to know about what the national perception of LaTech.

Two schitbag teams in a schitbag bowl game, played like schitbags on national TV. Miami is a joke at this point. The idea that Polytechnic fans think they are something because they beat an "ACC" school is uproariously hilarious.

Cajuns would destroy both of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I am 'discredting'. Taking a huge asparagus (p)iss all over that win. Btw, what win?? Take a look at any social media platform. The only thing the CFB nation is talking about is how far Miami has fallen and how awful the game was. That should tell you all you need to know about what the national perception of LaTech.

Two schitbag teams in a schitbag bowl game, played like schitbags on national TV. Miami is a joke at this point. The idea that Polytechnic fans think they are something because they beat an "ACC" school is uproariously hilarious.

Cajuns would destroy both of those teams.
    MAT, I agree that the game was uneventful and that Miami has fallen very hard. But don’t think for one minute that if the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn’t be beating our chest. Tech has all the rights in the world to celebrate what unfolded last night and unfortunately use it to their advantage.

Yes, without question the Cajuns would have hung 14+ on Miami last night but in my opinion that is besides the point.

7. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

MAT, I agree that the game was uneventful and that Miami has fallen very hard. But don't think for one minute that if the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't be beating our chest. Tech has all the rights in the world to celebrate what unfolded last night and unfortunately use it to their advantage.

Yes, without question the Cajuns would have hung 14+ on Miami last night but in my opinion that is besides the point.
    I certainly wouldn't be beating my chest over a win against the disgraced Artist Formerly Known as The U. They just lost to FIU for goodness sake.

And, Tech lives in fairy tale land where they believe they've already 'separated' from all the other lowly G5 schools in our region. This should be viewed as a peer win for them, should it not? My point is, it shows how FOS they are. They are still happy to beat bad P5 schools, just like ULM would be or any other G5 they've supposedly 'seperated' from.

My goals are a lot higher for our program, and I hope that's true for the rest of you guys. Once we understand our true potential and unlock it, we will leave Poly in the rearview mirror faster than Bob Kraft ran from AB.

Quote Originally Posted by BLU View Post
    So true, the ratings system is very biased towards P5 schools.
    a christmas miracle! we agree on something! woohoo

My goals are a lot higher for our program, and I hope that's true for the rest of you guys. Once we understand our true potential and unlock it, we will leave Poly in the rearview mirror faster than Bob Kraft ran from AB.
    I would change the ONCE in that statement to a big fat IF. I truly believe we have advantages over Tech that SHOULD have LONG ago catapulted us well beyond them. Yet, they embarrassed us the last time we played head to head, and they continually get more respect nationally. Jmo

10. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I would change the ONCE in that statement to a big fat IF. I truly believe we have advantages over Tech that SHOULD have LONG ago catapulted us well beyond them. Yet, they embarrassed us the last time we played head to head, and they continually get more respect nationally. Jmo
    We have had terrible luck on timing. When they're bad, we don't have them on the schedule and when we're bad, we always seem to land on theirs. We have ONE real barometer over the last 10 years, and MEAT HEAD screwed that up.

We would roll those bastards this year, and would roll them next year. Conveniently for them, we don't play.

There is no IF in my mind. It is a waiting game. With this AD and this coaching building the foundation, it's only a matter of time.

I certainly wouldn't be beating my chest over a win against the disgraced Artist Formerly Known as The U. They just lost to FIU for goodness sake.

And, Tech lives in fairy tale land where they believe they've already 'separated' from all the other lowly G5 schools in our region. This should be viewed as a peer win for them, should it not? My point is, it shows how FOS they are. They are still happy to beat bad P5 schools, just like ULM would be or any other G5 they've supposedly 'seperated' from.

We can agree to disagree with the chest beating as I would be screaming from the mountain tops!

I love that your passion is unmatched and I too believe we can reach greatness. But I just can’t look down on what transpired yesterday and for us to reach said greatness games like yesterday’s needs to start falling in our favor, like the one vs. Mississippi State this year. You gotta crawl before you walk.

12. Default Re: Bowling 2019-2020

We can agree to disagree with the chest beating as I would be screaming from the mountain tops!

I love that your passion is unmatched and I too believe we can reach greatness. But I just can’t look down on what transpired yesterday and for us to reach said greatness games like yesterday’s needs to start falling in our favor, like the one vs. Mississippi State this year. You gotta crawl before you walk.
    I agree that Miss St was a golden opportunity that was missed. As was App St at home.

When you won four bowls in a row you told us Tech would and could never do that. We are now at 6 and it’s still just shrugged off as not as good as UL. Obviously just rival talk.

I agree that Miss St was a golden opportunity that was missed. As was App St at home.
    Dude, we are one win away from 11 total! We are starting to “crawl”! Let’s go knock off the MAC Champion and reach number 11!

We have had terrible luck on timing. When they're bad, we don't have them on the schedule and when we're bad, we always seem to land on theirs. We have ONE real barometer over the last 10 years, and MEAT HEAD screwed that up.

We would roll those bastards this year, and would roll them next year. Conveniently for them, we don't play.

There is no IF in my mind. It is a waiting game. With this AD and this coaching building the foundation, it's only a matter of time.
    So very true. If you don't play on a regular basis, then you really cannot have a fair comparison of programs. We really should agree to play each other every year. And Tulane as well.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information