Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Falls to Bulldogs On Hardwood, 77-59

1. UL Basketball Louisiana Falls to Bulldogs On Hardwood, 77-59

Daquan Bracey scored a game-high 26 points to lead three players in double figures and Louisiana Tech used an 18-3 run in the first half to pull away and defeat the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, 77-59, in a men's non-conference basketball game on Saturday at the Thomas Assembly Center.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Louisiana Falls to Bulldogs On Hardwood, 77-59

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Daquan Bracey scored a game-high 26 points to lead three players in double figures and Louisiana Tech used an 18-3 run in the first half to pull away and defeat the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, 77-59, in a men's non-conference basketball game on Saturday at the Thomas Assembly Center.
    The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC
    Who’s ready for a BBall Coach?

Yep, count me in. this reeks.
    I like Marlin, but he can't seem to get the program out of low gear. I realize we've had some serious injury problems this year, but virtually every year there one problem/excuse or another. And he has never been able to do much against even top 250 teams. Sad.

Same old story every year. If Maggard's not careful, by the time he does decide to make a change, nobody will even care.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Falls to Bulldogs On Hardwood, 77-59

Nobody cares now. Mostly the people in the stands will be there if they’re breathing. Those who’d like to care either dropped their tickets or simply vote no with their absent butts.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Same old story every year. If Maggard's not careful, by the time he does decide to make a change, nobody will even care.
    Posted this when Stevie P. interviewed Maggard befor the App game. Said he was not concerned about Marlin. That's where he stands publicly.

Whether you are pro or con Marlin, the bottom line is injuries has been killing this team since the end of '18. Most people don't want to go spend money to watch UL lose.

Maggard will have to make a monetary decision but he will never throw Marlin personally under the bus. Marlin's coaching abilities since the '18 injuries have very little to do with what has turned into a MASH unit. Three guys out for the season out of thirteen on roster. If you count them all, that's 23%. If you back out the redshirts, it's a quarter of your players. No sport can perform well with those numbers. Baseball last year comes to mind fighting the same problem. I can't imagine football doing as well if 20 guys were lost for the season.

The only difference is basketball has become the norm, and impacts the bottom line.

If it comes down to replacing Marlin, it will be another quality hire. It will be someone with D-1 head coaching experience or a P-5 assistant. It won't be a "throw some red meat to the fans" legacy without said experience. Look down the road to McNeese, they're paying the price still. As bad as we are, we still beat them.

Until then, I trust Maggard. I know he has a plan simply because he has shown to date he always does.

Nobody has stated that his teams haven't been hit with a little bad luck with injuries. I posted this somewhere else today about our stats. We are last in the league in defense. We have a negative rebounding margin on average for the year. I understand its easier to play better with good players but you can still instill concepts that all players can adhere to. Lets also not forget that while we've been down in overall numbers, our best players have been there all season until now with Julien out.

At the end of the day, our program is not where we want it or expect it to be. The question for Maggard is how long do we continue to allow it to go this way?

Well, I know we will renew next year. It’s become a date night at our house. We like basketball, and know the days of Blackham are long gone. And we trust Maggard.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, I know we will renew next year. It’s become a date night at our house. We like basketball, and know the days of Blackham are long gone. And we trust Maggard.
    There was a lot more excitement under Marty Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    There was a lot more excitement under Marty Fletcher.
    And Jessie Evans

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Most of us aren't even asking to get back to anywhere near our Blackham heyday. I'd take early Cajundome years in a heartbeat over what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Most of us aren't even asking to get back to anywhere near our Blackham heyday. I'd take early Cajundome years in a heartbeat over what we have now.
    That would be nice. That also is when ESPN and the Big East Union was just starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    And Jessie Evans
    Eric Mouton, Byron Starks, B.C. Collins, Blaine Harmon, Anthony Johnson,Brad Boyd, Michael Southall, Chris Cameron, Dwyane Mitchell, Tirus Wade,J.J. Thomas, Elfrid Payton, Shaun Long.we're not recruiting this type of talent anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Well, it is said you are the company you keep.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information