Thread: Lost a great baseball fan

UL Baseball Lost a great baseball fan

Some of you may know of his passing, if not we lost one of the original dirty dozen and a half. He was a dear friend of mind for 30 years. He will be dearly missed.

Obituary for Robert "Bobby" Guynn
    Memorial Services will be held at a later date in Bellevue Memorial Park for Robert Leslie Guynn, 92, who passed away on December 11, 2019.

Mr. Guynn, a resident of Lafayette, was the son of the late Fredrick Guynn and the former Susie McQueen. Robert "Bobby" was a proud veteran of WWII, serving with the U.S. Navy, first on the USS Artemis at the Bikini Atoll test site and then on the USS Kearsarge. Upon returning home, Robert worked in telecommunications his entire career, beginning as a Lineman and retiring as a Supervising Engineer. He was an avid UL baseball fan, a member of the original "Dirty Dozen" and a season ticket holder since 1987. He was also a big fan of the UL girls' softball program. "Bobby" was a devoted caregiver to friends and family alike, always taking the opportunity to help those in need. He will be sorely missed by all those that knew him.

He is survived by his daughters, Laura Guynn, Lorna Guynn, Judy McBane and husband David; and many nieces & nephews.

He was preceded in death by his wife of 48 years, Barbara; parents, Fredrick and Susie Guynn; brother, Jim Guynn and wife Bertha; brother, Richard Guynn; and sister, Marjorie Cummins and husband Bill.

The family would like to thank the staff of Nursing Specialties and Heart of Hospice. Additionally, special thanks go to Darnell Buford, his devoted caregiver.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Heart of Hospice and Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Foundation, specifically to the baseball program.

Personal condolences may be sent to the Guynn family at www.delhommefuneralhome.com.

Delhomme Funeral Home, 1011 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA is in charge of funeral arrangements.

To send flowers or a memorial gift to the family of Robert "Bobby" Guynn please visit our Sympathy Store.

2. Default Re: A lost of a great baseball fan:

Sorry to hear. My condolences to family and friends.

3. Default Re: A lost of a great baseball fan:

Thanks for posting it Frenchie

4. Default Re: A lost of a great baseball fan:

Bump

Default Re: A lost of a great baseball fan:

I was so very sad to see this. Mr. Bob and Mrs. Barbara would attend every American Legion game during summers as well. I remember them being so nice to me all the way back when I was a bat boy for my brother's team. They were two of the kindest people and true baseball fans.

Default Re: A lost of a great baseball fan:

It does my heart good to know that some remember Bob. One of a kind.

Thread Information