Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: Final MBB: Tech 77, Louisiana 59

1. Default Re: Final MBB: Tech 77, Louisiana 59

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I didn’t get to listen to the show today, but I can’t help but repeat that Tech beat us last season by 21 in the Cajundome WITHOUT TWO OF THEIR STARTERS!!!! We get an injury and cash out the rest of the season.

As far as the big picture, it’s this. We went all in with our roster in 2017-2018, and fell short of the dance. Luckily, we got an NIT berth. But last season, we lose one player before the season (Who had never played a minute of college basketball up to that point) and one player at the beginning of the season to where we had to rotate a bunch of new guys who weren’t even good enough to play at the D1 level. The inconsistency was to a point to where we lost multiple sun belt games to bad teams by double digits, and our season ended at the hands of the SBC #8 seeded team. On top of that, three of our bench players transferred out. And we lost a common starter as well to the Horizon League. Now, we have to rebuild from scratch, and the cherry on top is that even some of those guys are now hurt.

I’m sorry, but this is on the staff. The poor judgement in their recruiting along with putting all of their cards on the 27-win season has gotten us to this point. We already knew this years team was going to be a work in progress, but how much longer do we have to wait? When you’re making the most money in the conference, the results should follow it. Hopefully, we can improve for conference play because outside of a few loyal fans, the rest of the fan base has just about given up. And I’m not too far away, either.
    .We have 5 sports/teams that are important or what I consider majorfootball, basketball (men and women), softball, and baseball.Fball, sball, and baseball seem ok and now the others are in terrible shapeso something needs to be done in the lagging areas,,it is The Ws and Ls and we need to find out the cause and act as quickly as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .We have 5 sports/teams that are important or what I consider majorfootball, basketball (men and women), softball, and baseball.Fball, sball, and baseball seem ok and now the others are in terrible shapeso something needs to be done in the lagging areas,,it is The Ws and Ls and we need to find out the cause and act as quickly as possible!
    Well like I said, most of the fan base has tuned out of basketball. There’s people I know who used to have season tickets, and now they don’t even know when our games are played. The program is on the verge of dying on the vine if things don’t change quickly.

3. Default Re: Final MBB: Tech 77, Louisiana 59

If you skipped the Bob Marlin show you missed getting to know the mindset of a fantastic 5'9" point guard.

Default Re: Final MBB: Tech 77, Louisiana 59

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    According to Moon we need to shut up and look at the bigger picture and stop crying
    But when I look at the bigger picture, I start crying

Default Re: Final MBB: Tech 77, Louisiana 59

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    But when I look at the bigger picture, I start crying
    Bigger picture Big game Bobby is sub .500 in the belt tournament and has only reached the finals once . we have 2 2nd year coaches that have double him up in conference finals appearances

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information