Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Cajun Army Podcast RCAF Q&A

Default Ragin Cajun Army Podcast RCAF Q&A

Lee De Leon and Hans Malebranche will be coming on the Ragin Cajun Army podcast soon to discuss the current plans and future of the RCAF. Please post questions here that you may have for our guests that we will ask on this upcoming episode.

Default Re: Ragin Cajun Army Podcast RCAF Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Lee De Leon and Hans Malebranche will be coming on the Ragin Cajun Army podcast soon to discuss the current plans and future of the RCAF. Please post questions here that you may have for our guests that we will ask on this upcoming episode.
    One of the reasons Lee was hired was he is originally from Houston. We have lots of alums in that area. Has any progress been made in luring additional RCAF funds from that area? Also, has any thought been given to tightening up the football parking at Cajun Field. Lots of empty spots in the A and B sections with lots of people in D. Suggestion is to allow 50 dollar donors to park in D and adjust accordingly.

Are we consulting outside schools who have been doing this for years with success to get a model/plan for the organization?

4. Default Re: Ragin Cajun Army Podcast RCAF Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Any relation to Juan Ponce?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    One of the reasons Lee was hired was he is originally from Houston. We have lots of alums in that area. Has any progress been made in luring additional RCAF funds from that area?
    Would really like to hear an answer to that question. The problem is that many UL alumni in Houston end up developing an allegiance to a school they didn’t attend (LSU, UT, UH, etc) because a lack of overall pride in our university (academic and athletic). That’s something we need to fix!

Ask him what is he doing to help grow the number of smaller donors (AKA young professionals, and families with small children) within RCAF. It seems like most of the changes that have been made have been directed towards the larger donors (AKA older Professionals). I am worried that they are not getting enough small donors to grow the total over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Any relation to Juan Ponce?
    I see what you did there....

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    Ask him what is he doing to help grow the number of smaller donors (AKA young professionals, and families with small children) within RCAF. It seems like most of the changes that have been made have been directed towards the larger donors (AKA older Professionals). I am worried that they are not getting enough small donors to grow the total over the years.
    I approve this message!! We’ve got to grow our younger fan base, from the these as well as reaching our upper class students. We need to get to them before they distance themselves from the university following graduation. Get them on board as soon as possible and allow them to grow in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    They instituted a 50 dollar annual minimum contribution last year which is geared towards the type of people described in your post. Now the perks are small for that as you only get the emblems and little else. That is why I suggest letting them have a chance to park in the stadium. This past year, they dropped the minimum to park in the stadium to 100 from 250. That is why I think it needs to be 50 now based on our situation. Too many empty spots in Cajun Field is a bad visual.

10. Default Re: Ragin Cajun Army Podcast RCAF Q&A

C’mon guys.. This is a great opportunity to get your questions answered. I expect Lee and Hans to be candid, so please, fire off your thoughts.

I have many questions myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    C’mon guys.. This is a great opportunity to get your questions answered. I expect Lee and Hans to be candid, so please, fire off your thoughts.

Why is it like pulling teeth to get in contact with someone from the RCAF? I have sent email after and email and called and left numerous voicemails over days before hearing back.

What are the plans to increase RCAF members?
    What are the goals of the RCAF? Example: Do they plan on increasing RCAF members by 10% by end of the 2020 year?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

MAT what are the questions you have? I would add one, are there any corporate entities that have potential to come aboard?

My main issue with RCAF / ticket office has been getting in touch with folks. I tried purchasing a tailgating spot and contacted staff on three occasions this past summer to no avail. I've had similar issues in the past with tickets and donating to sports-specific groups (like QB club, rebounders club, etc.) Will there be any effort made to have dedicated reps that we RCAF and season ticket holders can reach out to? A major issue from my perspective doesn't seem to be lack of willingness to spend/donate - it's that those that do have to jump through hoops.

What is the financial goal for 2020 and how do they plan to accomplish it? Be transparent and let the community be a part of reaching the goal.

Please keep member rewards simple!

Are they planning any RCAF events, such as appreciation, socials, or fund raising activities? This connects our members, recruits new members, and encourages a team approach.

A bit of a self-awareness check: What are the biggest differences between the RCAF and other programs that we aspire to be like?

“More donors and bigger donors” isn’t an answer. I’m talking about the way the program is run.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information