Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Health of the Team

1. Default Re: Health of the Team

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This is funny. Would you like to have Christian McCaffery on your NFL team?
    If he opted out of playing for a National Championship, no.

Default Re: Health of the Team

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Its today's reality. If your not in bcs final 4 the trend is to miss the bowl.
    less than .25% of players are skipping bowls

I don't consider less than a quarterr of a percent to be a trend

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He is projected in the 6th round right now . why would he skip this game and have scouts questioning injury concerns at the senior bowl
    I thought Hunt was graded around 2nd or 3rd round also. Hunt would have the entire week of senior bowl practice to remove all doubts for the scouts. i believe the practice week is bigger than the game for draft board positions. my thinking is hunt may want to shake off the rust in our bowl game before going against some of the best D-linemen at the senior bowl.

less than .25% of players are skipping bowls

I don't consider less than a quarterr of a percent to be a trend
    well if it was less than that last year, and that percetage grew, it is definitely a trend

5. Default Re: Health of the Team

An NFL franchise isn’t going to not take anyone skipping a bowl game regardless of what may be at stake. The LSU quarterback is risking twenty plus million dollars by playing another practice. I fully expect him to play, but if not he’s still going first

Now RP owner may not care about millions, and see skipping as a character flaw. It’s not. It’s a reality check. I’d absolutely advise my son to do whatever is in his best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    An NFL franchise isn’t going to not take anyone skipping a bowl game regardless of what may be at stake. The LSU quarterback is risking twenty plus million dollars by playing another practice. I fully expect him to play, but if not he’s still going first

Now RP owner may not care about millions, and see skipping as a character flaw. It’s not. It’s a reality check. I’d absolutely advise my son to do whatever is in his best interest.
    Exactly. How much money will the school or fans contribute to some kid who could have signed a multi-million dollar contract but got injured playing "one more for the Gipper?"

7. Default Re: Health of the Team

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Exactly. How much money will the school or fans contribute to some kid who could have signed a multi-million dollar contract but got injured playing "one more for the Gipper?"
    The NCAA could very easily fix this. Based on probability of getting drafted in rounds 1-4 teams could buy an injury insurance contract for the kids to play. If you’re sitting out expecting to be paid a fortune in any round past four good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The NCAA could very easily fix this. Based on probability of getting drafted in rounds 1-4 teams could buy an injury insurance contract for the kids to play. If you’re sitting out expecting to be paid a fortune in any round past four good luck.
    They could, but they haven't. And, until somebody else is looking out for my kid, I will.
    Plus, there is absolutely no financial reason for the NCAA to do this. It makes no money on the bowl games, including, I think, but don't know for sure, the playoffs.

9. Default Re: Health of the Team

----Wondering about bowl travelDo all the team players get to go to the game? I would think that the bowl game would have red shirt implications correct? What is the payout for this bowl? Does all the bowl money get divided up by all teams (after expenses)? will surpassing the non conference (independent) teams in conference rankings increase our conference share?

10. Default Re: Health of the Team

To be clear, the teams not the NCAA would buy the contract. I’m just saying it’s an easy fix to get almost universal participation. They don’t have to pretend it can’t be easily done. Not sure of the cost, but probably not exorbitant.

We are not talking about 1st round projected guys. We are talking about guys projected 3rd-6th round from a non-p5 conference they need all the exposure & game film as they can get especially against decent teams.

We are not talking about 1st round projected guys. We are talking about guys projected 3rd-6th round from a non-p5 conference they need all the exposure & game film as they can get especially against decent teams.
    My response was to Mr. Turbine, who wrote that he would not draft Burrow if he sat out a bowl game.

Nfl teams sit multiple starters and they’re biggest stars at the end of the year

14. Default Re: Health of the Team

My response was to Mr. Turbine, who wrote that he would not draft Burrow if he sat out a bowl game.
    How do you know it is not Ms. Turbine?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information