Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI(Ohio) -Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    If you want to stay near the team, Candlewood Suites On Royal is nice. Mobile has a really nice downtown area with lots of bars and restaurants. We were there last month for the USA game.
    We stayed in Biloxi for the South Al game. I might do the same this time around depending on what day I leave. If I leave on Sunday, I might just stay in Mobile to be around the bowl festivities. If not, I might just get a room in Biloxi.

2. Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI(Ohio) -Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I'd love to be there and support my team. But Monday January 6th Not gonna happen. Feel bad for the Mobile bowl though. They final get a good matchup with a close by school that has shown they can travel well when things are reasonable but the CCPspn thinks Monday after the holidays is a good time to have a game. You know because people have tons of vacation time and no one uses it in December. /s

Why not have it Sunday? I know nfl wildcard weekend. But there's NFL games Saturday but CCSPN is still showing the Armed Force's Bowl. Just have the game 11AM since they love to broadcast our games at that time anyways.
    We want people to respect our name. Miami has made it clear what their name is.

So guys I’m going to honor the wishes of Miami.

They were established as Miami in 1809. That’s before Florida was a start, before the city if Miami was established and before Miami of Miami Florida was established.

It’s Miami established 1809. LTU is going to play Miami of Miami, Florida in the Indy bowl.

Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sobering reminders that this is just a game (even though it was also a job and career for Coach Stokley), where other realities are so much more important.

Sometimes I think we expect all these people, the coaches and athletes, to be robots. But how many of us, when there something seriously troubling from a personal standpoint, are always able to flip the switch when we’re at the office and completely tune everything else out?
    Absolutely

Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI(Ohio) -Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Team Stats: Louisiana - Miami (OH)

Points Per Game 38.8 - 24.7
    Points Allowed Per Game 19.9 -28.2
    Total Yards 501.3 - 305.9
    Yards Passing 236.0 - 172.8
    Yards Rushing 265.3 - 133.1
    Yards Allowed 373.4 - 380.5
    Pass Yards Allowed 193.8 - 206.4
    Rush Yards Allowed 179.5 - 174.1

They got outscored on the season and still won a conference championship. A 69 point loss to Ohio State didn't help the old point differential.

They had some close games. 5 decided by 1 possession. 3 by a field goal.

The Cajuns have 8 double digit victories including one over a common opponent - Ohio Bobcats.

You have to like the Cajuns on paper, but anything can happen. The game is nearly a month out so who knows how either team will look?
    Where's RaginDave when we need him?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    One fan site I found:

http://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/

There is a thread about us already there started over a month ago. Title:

“Nobody in the MAC should want Louisiana in a bowl”
    Is that because of how dangerous we are and a terrible matchup or because we have little name recognition? lol

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is that because of how dangerous we are and a terrible matchup or because we have little name recognition? lol
    They know well about our running game etc. Been reading their threads.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    They know well about our running game etc. Been reading their threads.
    MIAMI it is.

Should be a fun matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    MIAMI it is.

Should be a fun matchup.
    They have a good argument. We were the swamp before UF.

9. Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    They have a good argument. We were the swamp before UF.
    Spurrier got the idea directly from Louisiana's "Sultan of The Swamp" media guide.

UL sent Spurrier a copy while negotiating a future matchup.

A light bulb was turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    It's not a particularly attractive match up to the casual fan, but the game may be good. The bowl rankings have started to come out and we're not scrapping the top 30s.

From CBS: #26. LendingTree Bowl -- Louisiana vs. Miami (OH) -- Jan. 6, 7:30 p.m.: The Ragin' Cajuns have been one of the best teams you haven't noticed, and Miami won the MAC this year. This is a matchup between two of the better Group of Five teams in the country. It has that sneaky potential.
    Actually the casual fan might believe it's a good match-up because they are conference champions. To diehard college football fans that have watched them play, they are slightly better than conference mate Ohio. There is a reason this game is -14.5 spread for the Cajuns early and frankly UL needs to cover and win impressively to garner any respect from this bowl. Anything less in my book will not be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sobering reminders that this is just a game (even though it was also a job and career for Coach Stokley), where other realities are so much more important.

Sometimes I think we expect all these people, the coaches and athletes, to be robots. But how many of us, when there something seriously troubling from a personal standpoint, are always able to flip the switch when we’re at the office and completely tune everything else out?
    Man, you aren’t lying.while all involved signed up for this “public life,” I couldn’t imagine having to deal with private issues like Willis’ example, then having 30,000 “bosses” critiquing my efforts

So where do we buy tickets from the University?
    Is this the site: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/caj.etails/20MOBID
    There is also a site linked to the bowl page to buy directly from the lending tree bowl.

13. Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Man, you aren’t lying.while all involved signed up for this “public life,” I couldn’t imagine having to deal with private issues like Willis’ example, then having 30,000 “bosses” critiquing my efforts
    Except, there are only about 12.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    So where do we buy tickets from the University?
    Is this the site: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/caj.etails/20MOBID
    There is also a site linked to the bowl page to buy directly from the lending tree bowl.
    Yes, this link is correct. You can see that it is labeled "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Account Manager". Do not buy tickets directly from the bowl, this will cost the Cajuns money.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yes, this link is correct. You can see that it is labeled "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Account Manager". Do not buy tickets directly from the bowl, this will cost the Cajuns money.
    Got it. Ordered 4 from there. Great price on GA tickets, NO handling, service fees, or venue charges.
    Hotel rooms are decently priced as well.

IT is will call so I assume we pick up tickets at the stadium in Mobile?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information