Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    We have had an entire month to plan for this. Time to request off of work, make arrangements for children,etc. And 1k Tickets sold for a drivable game is embarrassing. Sorry
    Coach Napier is committed to the cULture and even turned down the Moo St job.
    Calling all Cajun Fans to commit to the cULture and get your arse to the bowl game! Paint downtown Mobile Red. It’s going to be fun.
    Get there!

2. Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    We have had an entire month to plan for this. Time to request off of work, make arrangements for children,etc. And 1k Tickets sold for a drivable game is embarrassing. Sorry
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the 1K.

I just don't have a lot of after holiday week day bowls to compare to when it comes to tickets sold.

Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Oh

Attached Images Attached Images  

I’m leaving Lafayette at 10:00am Monday with dad and stepmom. Grabbing my brother at the mobile airport. Attending the game and driving back home after. Probably getting home around 3:00am. It’s going to be a long day!!! I have to work at 8:00am Tuesday. We better freakin win!!!!!!

My wife isn’t going because the Kids start school Monday. With the way Christmas and New Years fell mid week this year, a lot of people feel like Monday is a “Must get back to routine” kind of day. This game should have been today after USM and Tulane. So the crowd will suck. On a good note for all attending. The weather looks like it will be perfect!! Can’t wait

Geaux cajuns!!!!!!

Way to go, Jacob!! That's how you do it, my man!

Maybe we can get some diehard MSU fans to come down to the bowl game and watch their next coach!!! They got An alumni association in mobile??? Attendance record guaranteed!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Maybe we can get some diehard MSU fans to come down to the bowl game and watch their next coach!!! They got An alumni association in mobile??? Attendance record guaranteed!!!! 😂😂😂😂
    That would be CLASSIC!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Best suggestion yet

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    And bowl attendance is getting worse every year. I think it's only a matter of time before we start seeing a lot of bowls disappear. Enjoy them while we got em. It wasn't that long ago when even a 10 win G5 team might have no bowl to play in after the season.
    Is your life that miserable? You should just give up UL football by the way you bash the G5.

10. UL Football Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Is your life that miserable? You should just give up UL football by the way you bash the G5.
    That's typical Oiler. He's a glass always half empty guy, but he’s not thirsty so it doesn’t matter.

It's cheap content for espn to show .they don't care about attendance

Think about it a 1 hour TV show cost around 3 mill to produce an episode. ESPN is getting 3-4 hour episode for less than half that

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's cheap content for espn to show .they don't care about attendance

Think about it a 1 hour TV show cost around 3 mill to produce an episode. ESPN is getting 3-4 hour episode for less than half that
    Never thought of that. Just show up with the cameras, audio, and a small crew.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'm not miserable at all. I've just noticed lots and lots of empty seats at bowl games the past few years and I voiced my opinion about what I think this will mean to some of these bowls. I wasn't bashing the G5 at all. I'm just old enough to remember when lots of 9 win G5 teams had nowhere to go after the regular season ended.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That's typical Oiler. He's a glass always half empty guy, but he’s not thirsty so it doesn’t matter.
    I'm a realist, and maybe there's no place for realism on RP.

I think to qualify for a bowl a team should have at least 8 wins. Make it a reward for a good season again. Let's some of these minor bowls die off.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information