Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI(Ohio) -Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    IT is will call so I assume we pick up tickets at the stadium in Mobile?
    Good deal and yes, pickup is in Mobile. Geaux Cajuns!

Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI(Ohio) -Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Good deal and yes, pickup is in Mobile. Geaux Cajuns!
    No pickup at Cajundome like years past?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    No pickup at Cajundome like years past?
    My understanding is that it is Mobile only, but I will check now.

My understanding is that it is Mobile only, but I will check now.
    Thanks Mel..

Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI - Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

This was posted by a South Al fan on the SBC board

Hotels
    stay downtown if possible because all of the action is there.

Hampton Inn - request balcony room
    Hilton Garden Inn - nice bar/restaurant and right on parade route. Very new
    Battle House
    Holiday Inn
    Hilton Admiral
    Candlewood Suites
    Malaga Inn - older bed and breakfast type hotel
    Quality Inn - if you're looking for a place to crash and don't care about amenities this is your place. It's a party hotel as all rooms are connected by balconies which makes it fun but noisy. Great hotel for college kids or those looking to party. Parking lot turns into a tailgate. Bring grills and beer

Restaurants:

Callaghans Irish Social Club - great burgers, neighborhood bar/restaurant
    Wintzell's Oyster Bar - great seafood fun bar. Sit at bar and watch/eat fresh shucked raw oysters
    Chuck's Fish - reservations and request to sit upstairs. Excellent sushi and seafood
    NOJA - reservations and great date spot $$$
    Dumbwaiter - reservations one of our favorite downtown restaurants
    Felix Fish Camp - reservations nice seafood restaurant on Mobile Bay
    R & R Seafood - low key but really good fried seafood PO Boys!
    Original Oyster House - great for families - awesome fried seafood. Get the whole fried flounder and cheese grits!

Breakfast - Ruby Slipper, Spot of Tea, Serda Coffee
    Sunday Brunch - go ahead and make reservations at FIVE for their Sunday brunch. Opens at 10am Great food and live music. NFL games on tv and nice atmosphere. Kid friendly. My family will probably be here
    https://www.five-bar.com/location/mobile-alabama/

Quick lunch downtown - Heroes Sports Bar, Loda Bier Garten, Moes BBQ, OK Bicycle Shop

Nightlife:

Dauphin Street - one street with bars for every taste. Open containers ok as long as it is poured in plastic cup which bars will have a front door. All bars are easy and safe walking distance from every downtown hotel

A few bars I suggest. In order of walking from river (Battle House, Hampton, Riverview) west down Dauphin

Veets - hole in the wall across from Riverview Plaza. Awesome live music, older crowd. Doesn't get going until 9pm+

Haberdasher - great drinks, nice crowd

Loda Bier Garten - hundreds of craft beer good food

Alchemy Tavern - neat bar with good beer

Pat's - many may remember Pat's for "hosting" the RedHawk fans. Beer specials

Serda Brewing - brewery with nice outdoor seating

Post - very good mixed drinks, nice crowd

O'Daly's Irish Pub - college aged crowd, three bars all connected. Good music, drink specials

The Garage

Moe's BBQ - get a bushwhacker. This is the last bar on Dauphin Street. No need to go any further past Moe's.

Big events:
    Mardi Gras Parade Saturday night
    The parade runs in front of the major downtown hotels: Hilton Garden Inn, Candlewood Suites, Battle House, Hampton Inn and Riverview. This is a big parade with around 20 local floats, team cheerleaders and bands. Make sure kids have bags to keep all of their beads, footballs and stuffed animals. It's a ton of fun and highlight of the bowl experience.

The best place to watch the parade is anywhere along Bienville Square. Battle House, Hampton and Riverview will be packed and it's at end of route so many riders will be low or out of throws.

Pep-rally and street party is Sunday night

Ladd Stadium - It's not awful but it's not very good. Concessions are terrible so eat before you enter. They do sell beer and liquor so that's a plus. Parking is first come first inside the gates. If you get there late you'll have to pay $20 to park in someone's yard. Shuttles are a good idea or Uber is fine.

If you need to buy tailgating supplies there's a good grocery store a few blocks from the stadium Winn Dixie 1550 Government Street

Things to see/do

USS Alabama
    Carnival Museum
    Gulf Quest Maritime Museum
    Gulf Coast Duck Tour - http://www.gulfcoastducks.com
    Gulf Coast Pedal Tour - fun way to bar hop down Dauphin Street
    Crescent theater - nice one screen theater. Buy tickets early http://www.crescenttheater.com
    Bienville Bites downtown food tour
    Spring Hill College - nice place to walk/run away from downtown if weather is good
    Dauphin Island - visit fort morgan and dauphin island aquarium and sea lab. Great for kids and history lovers
    Gulf Shores / Orange Beach beaches
    - LuLu's for lunch with kids or adults.
    -Flora Bama Yacht Club (main bar is across street on Gulf of Mexico)
    Downtown Fairhope for shopping - make sure to take Scenic 98 when driving from Mobile. Very nice drive along Mobile Bay
    - Fairhope Brewery
    - Sunset Pointe lunch
    - Grand Hotel for walking/running. When you walk onto property take a left and walk the boardwalk along Mobile Bay

I just talked to Matt Casbon. He said will call will be at the Cajundome from the time seating is assigned until the team leaves for Mobile. Thereafter will call is at Ladd-Peebles.

7. Default Re: LOUISIANA VS. MIAMI(Ohio) -Jan 6th, 2020 -Lending Tree Bowl-Mobile, AL

Yes, this link is correct. You can see that it is labeled "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Account Manager". Do not buy tickets directly from the bowl, this will cost the Cajuns money.
    It’s also gonna cost the buyer more with less appealing seats. That’s fine, but I’m supporting the team not the university. I’m also able to get better seats at a cheaper price and donate the difference directly to UL bypassing all the leaching SBC non bowling teams.

I won’t do the above, but it’s absolutely doable.

From Sporting News Bowl Rankings:

27. LendingTree Bowl: Louisiana vs. Miami (Ohio)
    Not to be confused with the Independence Bowl between Louisiana Tech and Miami (Fla.). The MAC-champion RedHawks will face a Louisiana team that gave App State everything it could handle in the Sun Belt championship game and has flirted with the top 25 all season.

Turbine...any thought of pinning this thread on the opening page instead of having multiple threads of same topic?

This is actually the team hotel. It is not the The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel
    64 South Water Street
    Mobile, AL 36602
    Phone number (251) 438-4000

When can we start picking up our tickets at the Cajundome? Does anyone know?

Nevermind. Just got the call from UL saying my tickets are ready for pickup starting Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    When can we start picking up our tickets at the Cajundome? Does anyone know?
    Just got a call as well from Cajun dome box office. My tickets are ready for pickup until Jan 3rd at the box office, then they will be will call at the stadium in Mobile after that if I don’t pick them up.

Callahan's Irish social pup is about 2 miles from Ladd Peebles. What say we turn that into Louisiana central Monday afternoon. Can be a quick little Uber ride to the stadium without worrying about parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Callahan's Irish social pup is about 2 miles from Ladd Peebles. What say we turn that into Louisiana central Monday afternoon. Can be a quick little Uber ride to the stadium without worrying about parking.
    Is that near royal street?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information