Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 MBB: SBC Championship, Louisiana 38, App. State 45

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Not Levi Lewis.
    I know he didn’t but what did anyone else do to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    It’s not ok if his mistakes are the only ones your pointing out.
    Defense was nonexistent in the first half and the o-line couldn’t contain App State’s front 7 at times. It still doesn’t change the fact that Levi made some bad decisions today. And no, I don’t have an agenda. I’m just pointing out what I saw. The kid didn’t play his best game today. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Defense was not great but they put us in position to win in the second half the was OL was bad but so was Lewis ... However the OL did not fumble the ball twice and throw a pick 6
    The first fumble was on the OL

Default Re: Final: FB SBC Championship, Louisiana 38, App. State 45

This school record thing, doesn't mean a whole lot. Just shows how bad we've been, not how good we are. We beat a bunch of bad teams.

Wow. Came here to get an update on what bowl we’re going to and read up some more on post game analysis. GD. What is wrong with this board sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajuns99 View Post
    Wow. Came here to get an update on what bowl we’re going to and read up some more on post game analysis. GD. What is wrong with some of you?
    Don’t worry Turbine will delete it all soon.

While I played football for eight years and through high school until I fractured my back, I’m not football expert, but I do know that football is a team sport and individuals do not lose or win games. Coach Keisler taught us that there are true fans and then there’s the front-runners who jump on the rah rah bandwagon when you’re winning but disappear or turn on you after a loss. He said ignore them and concentrate on the next team and learning to get better. I sure hope Coach Napier is telling his team the same thing, cause RP board is full of a bunch of front-running, griping miserable people. Reminds me of a bucket of crabs pulling down those trying to get out. Unfortunately I was at a family funeral yesterday and could not watch the game but came on the board to get updates. It’s pathetic how some people on here tear down individual players.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    While I played football for eight years and through high school until I fractured my back, I'm not football expert, but I do know that football is a team sport and individuals do not lose or win games. Coach Keisler taught us that there are true fans and then there's the front-runners who jump on the rah rah bandwagon when you're winning but disappear or turn on you after a loss. He said ignore them and concentrate on the next team and learning to get better. I sure hope Coach Napier is telling his team the same thing, cause RP board is full of a bunch of front-running, griping miserable people. Reminds me of a bucket of crabs pulling down those trying to get out. Unfortunately I was at a family funeral yesterday and could not watch the game but came on the board to get updates. It's pathetic how some people on here tear down individual players.
    Everyone gave it there all who cares if we blew our chance to get a signature win on national TV or that we are 0-8 vs app or that the team looked lost until the game was out of hand or that this staff was out coached yet again

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    While I played football for eight years and through high school until I fractured my back, I’m not football expert, but I do know that football is a team sport and individuals do not lose or win games. Coach Keisler taught us that there are true fans and then there’s the front-runners who jump on the rah rah bandwagon when you’re winning but disappear or turn on you after a loss. He said ignore them and concentrate on the next team and learning to get better. I sure hope Coach Napier is telling his team the same thing, cause RP board is full of a bunch of front-running, griping miserable people. Reminds me of a bucket of crabs pulling down those trying to get out. Unfortunately I was at a family funeral yesterday and could not watch the game but came on the board to get updates. It’s pathetic how some people on here tear down individual players.
    No different here than any other collegiate fan board. People are passionate about wanting success and simply vent when things do not go well. However I assure you those players and coaches are more disappointed than anyone here as they gave maximum effort and were not rewarded. I am also confident they are more focused on preparing for the bowl game vs what is said here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    No different here than any other collegiate fan board. People are passionate about wanting success and simply vent when things do not go well. However I assure you those players and coaches are more disappointed than anyone here as they gave maximum effort and were not rewarded. I am also confident they are more focused on preparing for the bowl game vs what is said here.
    Would not be surprised by a loss in the bowl game. That game yesterday took the wind out of everyone’s sales. It’s always one step forward, 2 back with us. Really needed that game yesterday to get that momentum going into the offseason and would’ve probably helped the attendance to start next year

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Would not be surprised by a loss in the bowl game. That game yesterday took the wind out of everyone’s sales. It’s always one step forward, 2 back with us. Really needed that game yesterday to get that momentum going into the offseason and would’ve probably helped the attendance to start next year
    Cajuns are 0 for 2 against a top 25 team this year by 16 points, by 8 pts a game..there is a ton of upside to this program, that is not defined by that loss yesterday. A handful of plays go the Cajuns way in either of those games and we're having a different conversation. Dont think yesterdays loss will have any carryover effect into a bowl game.

Some of you guys amaze me. For some of you, it is a personal affront if anyone points out that Lewis (or any other player, for that matter) has weaknesses that sometimes limit his ability to perform well.

As for the assertion that people who point out sucn weaknesses are "front running bandwagon fans, who will jump ship when we are losing", you might want to check credentials before you make such statements. Some of us have been front running bandwagon fans for 50 years. Every year.. whether we are 10-2 or 2-10. Some of us were in the stands until the bitter end when we lost to a Division 2 North Alabama team, and when we gave WKU their first ever FBS win after starting 0-26. Some of us are charter members of RCAF. Many of us came out for fan organized work days to help paint and clean up facilities or tear out old fixtures and fittings so facilities could be renovated.

I am pretty sure front running bandwagon fans dont do those things.

I dont question the fan status of anyone who posts regularly here. I may question your judgement about a player, team or coach, but we are all fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Some of you guys amaze me. For some of you, it is a personal affront if anyone points out that Lewis (or any other player, for that matter) has weaknesses that sometimes limit his ability to perform well.

As for the assertion that people who point out sucn weaknesses are "front running bandwagon fans, who will jump ship when we are losing", you might want to check credentials before you make such statements. Some of us have been front running bandwagon fans for 50 years. Every year.. whether we are 10-2 or 2-10. Some of us were in the stands until the bitter end when we lost to a Division 2 North Alabama team, and when we gave WKU their first ever FBS win after starting 0-26. Some of us are charter members of RCAF. Many of us came out for fan organized work days to help paint and clean up facilities or tear out old fixtures and fittings so facilities could be renovated.

I am pretty sure front running bandwagon fans dont do those things.

I dont question the fan status of anyone who posts regularly here. I may question your judgement about a player, team or coach, but we are all fans here.
    Well said sir..

No location or opponent yet and some are calling a loss already.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Cajuns are 0 for 2 against a top 25 team this year by 16 points, by 8 pts a game..there is a ton of upside to this program, that is not defined by that loss yesterday. A handful of plays go the Cajuns way in either of those games and we're having a different conversation. Dont think yesterdays loss will have any carryover effect into a bowl game.
    I agree with this. But it is actually a good thing that we are disappointed and concerned about losses to top 25 teams.... it means we are pretty damn good.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread Information