Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 MBB: SBC Championship, Louisiana 38, App. State 45

Default Re: Final: FB SBC Championship, Louisiana 38, App. State 45

Congrats to App St. They were with no doubt, the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Coming into this game, 20td/3int, thats the 4th fewest int’s of all ncaa qb’s. Sets a school record for passing td’s.

Some of you have been waiting all year to jump on him. Get a grip, he has been asked to do too much today. We couldn’t stop a HS team in the first half.
    We all know that asking Levi to throw over 40 passes is not a good recipe for success. Giving up 5 straight TD's on defense in the first half would put any QB in a difficult situation. That being said, the pick six and intentional grounding were poor plays on his part. He had some good plays as well of course. To make our team more complete, we need athletes on the field which don't allow simple dump off screens to go for TD's on third and 15. The staff is working hard to find those and to develop the current guys to improve to the point this is less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We all know that asking Levi to throw over 40 passes is not a good recipe for success. Giving up 5 straight TD's on defense in the first half would put any QB in a difficult situation. That being said, the pick six and intentional grounding were poor plays on his part. He had some good plays as well of course. To make our team more complete, we need athletes on the field which don't allow simple dump off screens to go for TD's on third and 15. The staff is working hard to find those and to develop the current guys to improve to the point this is less of an issue.
    Let’s say our defense keeps it close, but App’s defense still structures itself to make Levi beat us with his arm? Do you think he can beat this team? Shake a magic 8 ball.you get a “doesn’t seem likely.” The passing offense is miles away from the one Gauthier and pre-injury Broadway set the belt on fire with. But he doesn’t need to pass that much.until he does and it all goes to ____.fast.

If Napier wants to beat App State he cannot have a one dimensional offense.which is where we currently are with Lewis under Center. Any coach worth his salt.and we only faced a few this year.is going to key in on your strength and get you out of your comfort zone.

Defensively, App did the same thing ULM did.exploit our weaknesses for big plays. Fix it or send Roberts packing.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Let’s say our defense keeps it close, but App’s defense still structures itself to make Levi beat us with his arm? Do you think he can beat this team? Shake a magic 8 ball.you get a “doesn’t seem likely.” The passing offense is miles away from the one Gauthier and pre-injury Broadway set the belt on fire with. But he doesn’t need to pass that much.until he does and it all goes to ____.fast.

If Napier wants to beat App State he cannot have a one dimensional offense.which is where we currently are with Lewis under Center. Any coach worth his salt.and we only faced a few this year.is going to key in on your strength and get you out of your comfort zone.

Defensively, App did the same thing ULM did.exploit our weaknesses for big plays. Fix it or send Roberts packing.
    If our defense keeps it close, we can't beat them with passes that are picked off for six or intentional grounding plays. However, he had plenty of good plays as well. Just needs to be a little more consistent. I would love to find out if he can deliver with a good defensive performance in a big game next season. I know he did not do it in the October game but he has improved since then. Personally, I doubt anyone else starts next year without injury. Reason is Coach's comments at the QB Club meetings. He said more than once that he had concerns about the back up QB situation. Therefore, rest of team around him needs to continue to improve.

Zyon played today hurt mind ya. A healthy Zyon is a game changer but he cant stay healthyWe need better line backer play in general. Our DB's are converted players Hell, we have 3 missing from our offensive line basically all year. This staff has worked miracles plugging in players out of need and we are not at full scholarship yet. This recruiting class coming up will push us over ht edge. Your border line crazy my man about Roberts. He is a really good D coach. Our problem is personnel, and lack of players. We have been giving walk on's Schollys like candy just to fill the roster. Probation reduction in schollys has hurt us more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Zyon played today hurt mind ya. A healthy Zyon is a game changer but he cant stay healthyWe need better line backer play in general. Our DB's are converted players Hell, we have 3 missing from our offensive line basically all year. This staff has worked miracles plugging in players out of need and we are not at full scholarship yet. This recruiting class coming up will push us over ht edge. Your border line crazy my man about Roberts. He is a really good D coach. Our problem is personnel, and lack of players. We have been giving walk on's Schollys like candy just to fill the roster. Probation reduction in schollys has hurt us more than anything else.
    He employs bend but don’t break, but that can go bad.when you have personnel Issues. I 100% agree we need better personnel on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If our defense keeps it close, we can't beat them with passes that are picked off for six or intentional grounding plays. However, he had plenty of good plays as well. Just needs to be a little more consistent. I would love to find out if he can deliver with a good defensive performance in a big game next season. I know he did not do it in the October game but he has improved since then. Personally, I doubt anyone else starts next year without injury. Reason is Coach's comments at the QB Club meetings. He said more than once that he had concerns about the back up QB situation. Therefore, rest of team around him needs to continue to improve.
    Compare him to Zach Thomas.and you see his deficiencies en masse. No pocket presence, no quick twitch read ability, and he gets worse the more you blitz him. He will never eat a defense alive because of how they are gameplanning. He will either out athlete them.or he will make stupid mistakes due to pressure. You can’t adjust for it. This is his ceiling.

Compare him to Zach Thomas.and you see his deficiencies en masse. No pocket presence, no quick twitch read ability, and he gets worse the more you blitz him. He will never eat a defense alive because of how they are gameplanning. He will either out athlete them.or he will make stupid mistakes due to pressure. You can’t adjust for it. This is his ceiling.
    The difference is that it comes natural for Thomas. He sees the field and plays in real time and he is able to slow the game down so to speak. He is a natural.

9. Default Re: Final: FB SBC Championship, Louisiana 38, App. State 45

The difference is that it comes natural for Thomas. He sees the field and plays in real time and he is able to slow the game down so to speak. He is a natural.
    Natural Light, not a very good beer.

Agree about our depth. Especially in our front 7 on D. We need to bring in another quality signing class. Middle of the road SBC won’t cut it. May need a little help on D via juco, but limit those numbers.
    I won’t bad mouth LL. He has had a quality year. Hearing that our QB depth is not so good is concerning though. Hope we can have good “open” competition at QB this spring. And interested to see what our OL will look like after grads this year.
    In the meantime, we have a bowl game to get ready for and get to win #11!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Natural Light, not a very good beer.
    Agreed. Its first cousin to Schlitz lol. I'm a IPA man myself. Oh, and my drink i'm having now. Tito's vodka w/ lemonade vitamin water.

I’d take a game manager at this point.

Same here.preferably a Teddy Bridgewater type

So your saying if the qbs were flipped Cajuns would have dominated this game? Thomas does nothing special. Caleb Evans might be a heisman candidate in Boone. Maybe I’m not seeing it. But thomas doesn’t impress me. App as a whole is impressive. They controlled the line again. They got up early and that changed the game. Our D was so worried about assignments that we never forced app to do anything they didn’t want. We reacted the whole game. As a team the Cajuns have 10 turnovers this season and some of you put all of them on Levi. Thankfully he plays above yalls perception are we wouldn’t even be bowling this year.

15. Default Re: Final: FB SBC Championship, Louisiana 38, App. State 45

Is Cole Prudhomme eligible for another year next year ?????????

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread Information