Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

1. Ragin' Cajuns Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

Led by First Team All-Sun Belt selections Kevin Dotson, Robert Hunt and Raymond Calais, 11 members of the Louisiana Football team were named to Sun Belt All-Conference teams, the league office announced on Wednesday afternoon.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Led by First Team All-Sun Belt selections Kevin Dotson, Robert Hunt and Raymond Calais, 11 members of the Louisiana Football team were named to Sun Belt All-Conference teams, the league office announced on Wednesday afternoon.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

. You guys were right about Levi Lewis not getting recognized. Hard to believe a guy with 20 TD passes and only 3 picks would not even sniff honorable mention. Of course the honor for Coach Napier is more than well deserved.

3. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

The “LL garbage talk” on this board early on doomed Levi’s chance at recognition.

4. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The “LL garbage talk” on this board early on doomed Levi’s chance at recognition.
    . "and out of nowhere" comes LEVIathan of The Swamp.

I always thought low expectations followed by big results is what gets you coach of the year.

Why wouldn't this apply to LEVIathan?

5. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    . "and out of nowhere" comes LEVIathan of The Swamp.

I always thought low expectations followed by big results is what gets you coach of the year.

Why wouldn't this apply to LEVIathan?
    I really don’t remember any garbage talk about Napier except for his decision to play Levi.

6. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

I really don't remember any garbage talk about Napier except for his decision to play Levi.
    Yeah. I wasn't referring to Napier coming out of nowhere. He was in the championship game last year.

I was referring to how CoY often goes to the low expectations coach.

Why doesn't this apply to players?

ps garbage talk = low expectations.

7. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

Yeah. I wasn't referring to Napier coming out of nowhere. He was in the championship game last year.

I was referring to how CoY often goes to the low expectations coach.

Why doesn't this apply to players?

ps garbage talk = low expectations.
    When the “loud” in your fan base want you on the bench through half the year, you don’t win player of the year honors. I think he deserved recognition, was behind Napier’s decision to play him and think it was quite sad some of the things said about him on this board.

Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

This pretty much locks Levi up as the MVP this Saturday!!! Time to prove them all wrong Levi!!!

Geaux cajuns!!!

9. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

When the “loud” in your fan base want you on the bench through half the year, you don’t win player of the year honors. I think he deserved recognition, was behind Napier’s decision to play him and think it was quite sad some of the things said about him on this board.
    This isn't an AP poll where a slow start effects your final rank.

No amount of low expectation talk will affect the final stats. If anything just the opposite, causing a wow factor.

10. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

This isn't an AP poll where a slow start effects your final rank.

No amount of low expectation talk will affect the final stats. If anything just the opposite, causing a wow factor.
    Well, looks like the results more aptly reflect my analysis than yours. Just Sayin.

11. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

Well, looks like the results more aptly reflect my analysis than yours. Just Sayin.
    I have never bad mouthed Lewis.

I called out his freshman claim of 3-and-done to avoid redshirting.

I'm cool with your thinly veiled 'I told you so' though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    . You guys were right about Levi Lewis not getting recognized. Hard to believe a guy with 20 TD passes and only 3 picks would not even sniff honorable mention. Of course the honor for Coach Napier is more than well deserved.
    Wasn't one of those 3 picks the very first play from scrimmage in Game 1 and took a really unfortunate bounce.

13. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

Yes, yes. That’s it.

Ragin Pagin posters kept LL off the SBC teams.

I thought no one cares abiut what goes on in here? Y’all need to make up your minds.

14. Default Re: Billy Napier, Eleven Ragin' Cajuns Earn Sun Belt All-Conference Honors

I have never bad mouthed Lewis.

I called out his freshman claim of 3-and-done to avoid redshirting.

I'm cool with your thinly veiled 'I told you so' though.
    You are 3 for 3

You know who else didn't make the first three teams? Caleb Evans.

I thought he was pretty good, myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information