Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bowl eligible teams and conference tie-ins

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Bowl eligible teams and conference tie-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Yep
    There are lots of projections that have LaTech as the CUSA representative in the N.O. Bowl, but many also predict that the Techsters will face Florida State in the I-Bowl in Shreveport. If given the choice, Tech will opt for the I-Bowl against FSU, which would be the smart thing to do. LaTech would basically be playing at home against FSU, and FSU isn't a very good team this year. Still, a win over an ACC team in a bowl game would serve as a nice signature win for them. Sports fans across the country would notice.

I also think the LaTech coaches are smart enough to know that they want no part of this UL team right now.

sorry if already put out, but did anyone notice that the cure bowl in orlando moved to a different stadium than the other two orlando bowls are in...only 25 k max attendance, “a soccer stadium”

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    There are lots of projections that have LaTech as the CUSA representative in the N.O. Bowl, but many also predict that the Techsters will face Florida State in the I-Bowl in Shreveport. If given the choice, Tech will opt for the I-Bowl against FSU, which would be the smart thing to do. LaTech would basically be playing at home against FSU, and FSU isn't a very good team this year. Still, a win over an ACC team in a bowl game would serve as a nice signature win for them. Sports fans across the country would notice.

I also think the LaTech coaches are smart enough to know that they want no part of this UL team right now.
    If given that opportunity it would be an absolute no brainier for Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    sorry if already put out, but did anyone notice that the cure bowl in orlando moved to a different stadium than the other two orlando bowls are in...only 25 k max attendance, "a soccer stadium"
    Orlando City stadium is out of this world fantastic. It's exactly what we need in Lafayette for UL. Great move by the Cure bowl
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Orlando City stadium is out of this world fantastic. It's exactly what we need in Lafayette for UL. Great move by the Cure bowl
    This is a great move for the Cure Bowl. It’s a beautiful modern stadium, especially in person, and is in a better location.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Any idea how much this cost Orlando?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information