Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G12: Louisiana 31, ULM 30

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Guys I have something to tell y’all...

I was sitting in the south end zone just to the left of the tunnel with my wife, four kids (even the LSU freshman) and mom, dad , lil sister. During the final drive by ULM, I was on my knees on the concrete with my back to the field, praying the Hail Mary Inc Cajun French - Our Lady of the Assumption - Patroness of the Cajun people. Every time I prayed, the crowd was energized and cheered. When I turned to look and watch the next play, ULM had the upper hand.

On the kick I got down on my knees through both timeouts. Then the moment of faith.......as I prayed, the crowd exploded!!! When I looked up at the people sitting behind me, THE FOOTBALL from the kick FELL RIGHT IN BETWEEN ME AND DAD!!!!

It was like the Blessed Virgin dropping an answer to my prayers straight out of heaven!!! My mom grabbed the ball quickly. And gave it to me. I couldn’t believe it. I immediately ran down to the railing and looked for a player or trainer to give it to. I saw Dan McDonald and tried calling his name, to no avail.

As I scanned the south end zone for someone to give it to on behalf of the team, I saw the perfect person......Dr. Bryan Maggard. I yelled at him, but he couldn’t hear - the people around him did. They motioned him my way. I showed him the ball and told him I wanted him to keep it. I said he’d earned it. He tried to avoid it but I pitched it to him anyway. He waved and thanked me.

Meanwhile, I didn’t know there was a flag on the play, so he told me to hold on so we could see what the deal was. Once it was over and the win was confirmed, he gave the ball to his son and they stood at the goal post as the players left the field. I got to high five many ULM and Cajuns players with my kids. Greatest fan moment ever - almost.

Once they’d all left, Dr. Maggard scoped me out in the stands and threw me the ball back. He said “you have this, thanks for coming out and supporting...”. Told him back that he’s done a great job.

Really didn’t feel right to keep a ball at my house that should be in the trophy case for generations of Cajuns and fans to see. While standing there above the tunnel, I saw a few more Cajuns players coming back to the tunnel from the field. God gave me a second chance to gift the ball to the guy who played great the whole game and represented - Raymond Calais. He and I believe Jamarcus Bradley we’re together when I caught his attention.

I told him this was the game ball that missed and won it for us. He lit up like Christmas!!!! He and Bradley held the ball together, shook my hand and said thanks and headed off to celebrate.

I felt so good to get that ball to them...what a game, what a night, what a year. Geaux Cajuns. Merci, Saint Marie’...
    Dude, that’s awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

#99 for Cajuns

3. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Just got home and caught end. Heard the announcement by the ref. Both teams got team unsportsmanlike calls and each team had one player already booked with a PF. I missed the number... ninety something?
    So the significance of the team assessment was to double up on the culprits?

I was sitting in the south end zone just to the left of the tunnel with my wife, four kids (even the LSU freshman) and mom, dad , lil sister. During the final drive by ULM, I was on my knees on the concrete with my back to the field, praying the Hail Mary Inc Cajun French - Our Lady of the Assumption - Patroness of the Cajun people. Every time I prayed, the crowd was energized and cheered. When I turned to look and watch the next play, ULM had the upper hand.

On the kick I got down on my knees through both timeouts. Then the moment of faith.......as I prayed, the crowd exploded!!! When I looked up at the people sitting behind me, THE FOOTBALL from the kick FELL RIGHT IN BETWEEN ME AND DAD!!!!

It was like the Blessed Virgin dropping an answer to my prayers straight out of heaven!!! My mom grabbed the ball quickly. And gave it to me. I couldn’t believe it. I immediately ran down to the railing and looked for a player or trainer to give it to. I saw Dan McDonald and tried calling his name, to no avail.

As I scanned the south end zone for someone to give it to on behalf of the team, I saw the perfect person......Dr. Bryan Maggard. I yelled at him, but he couldn’t hear - the people around him did. They motioned him my way. I showed him the ball and told him I wanted him to keep it. I said he’d earned it. He tried to avoid it but I pitched it to him anyway. He waved and thanked me.

Meanwhile, I didn’t know there was a flag on the play, so he told me to hold on so we could see what the deal was. Once it was over and the win was confirmed, he gave the ball to his son and they stood at the goal post as the players left the field. I got to high five many ULM and Cajuns players with my kids. Greatest fan moment ever - almost.

Once they’d all left, Dr. Maggard scoped me out in the stands and threw me the ball back. He said “you have this, thanks for coming out and supporting...”. Told him back that he’s done a great job.

Really didn’t feel right to keep a ball at my house that should be in the trophy case for generations of Cajuns and fans to see. While standing there above the tunnel, I saw a few more Cajuns players coming back to the tunnel from the field. God gave me a second chance to gift the ball to the guy who played great the whole game and represented - Raymond Calais. He and I believe Jamarcus Bradley we’re together when I caught his attention.

I told him this was the game ball that missed and won it for us. He lit up like Christmas!!!! He and Bradley held the ball together, shook my hand and said thanks and headed off to celebrate.

I felt so good to get that ball to them...what a game, what a night, what a year. Geaux Cajuns. Merci, Saint Marie’...
    Great story!

I was making my way to you but then Ulmost completed that long pass to set up field goal attempt. This game means so much!!! What a game brothers!!!

That game ball is one for the trophy case..

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    "We" - you got a mouse in your pocket?
    Up your ___. armededdon!!

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Up your ___. armededdon!!
    Ah - it’s the mouse.

Congrats Coach Napier, staff and team on a truly UNBELIEVABLE season...while there are some here that aren’t impressed in the manner you all accomplished a feat that hasn’t been matched by ANYONE else in the HISTORY of our program, just know there are some arm chair QBs out here that don’t care what it looked like, you outperformed everyone’s expectations this year...I don’t give a damn if anyone says any different - they’re 100% FOS if they say they saw this coming!!!...congrats again on a successful season, now let’s take care of the real business next week!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    #99 for Cajuns
    Humphrey.

Pinch my a__ because I cant fathom 10 and 2......

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So the significance of the team assessment was to double up on the culprits?
    Well, our team left the bench area. If you got a player with one already, there's the second one. Not the first time that's happened this year in college football.

I ULMOST feel bad for Monroe. ULMOST.

Ok, which one of you gentlemen posted the Charlie Brown tee shirt of Hunsuker’s twitter. Man, I miss Tabby on days like this (honestly hope her health is good).

I was at the game tonight and brought my brother and his wife, who are visiting from New Mexico, to their first college football game. They had the time of their life. We sit on the 50 just 6 rows up and let me tell you, I don’t care how many were there, it was LOUD! They even were into it cheering on the Ragin Cajuns. Wants to plan vacation next year to coincide with a good game. ULM played lights out and you have to give them their due, but CAJUNS found a way to win and it was a fun game to watch.

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

That game ball is one for the trophy case..
    .......I hated to watch from home but the almost flu had me.....If somebody has the moment after his TD when Calais high fives the little boy....a real keeper... can somebody put it on here?

While I'm complaining. The officiating was awful. These guys acted like it was all about them

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information