Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G12: Louisiana 31, ULM 30

Default Re: G12 FB Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 30

In regards to the game, I think a lot of people were overreacting to game itself. We went from dominating teams all year to "we suck". Good lord people. Sometimes you have games like this. We were outworked on the LOS on both sides of the ball. Honestly, I thought we should have blitzed more often but that's just me. We also should have used the deep passing game a little more as well. They were obviously selling out on the run and we had some serious success hitting some bigger plays down the field. We just didn't do it as much as we could have.

I'm sure Napier would say there were things he and staff could have done better but I've seen comments like "Well, Napier just coached himself another year at UL" etc. Well, he also just won 10 games for the first time in this school's history just 2 years removed from a 5 win season.

This is a game we would have lost in the past. There is a certain mindset with this team that is special. I'm proud of these guys and what they've accomplished. Can't wait for the next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In regards to the game, I think a lot of people were overreacting to game itself. We went from dominating teams all year to "we suck". Good lord people. Sometimes you have games like this. We were outworked on the LOS on both sides of the ball. Honestly, I thought we should have blitzed more often but that's just me. We also should have used the deep passing game a little more as well. They were obviously selling out on the run and we had some serious success hitting some bigger plays down the field. We just didn't do it as much as we could have.

I'm sure Napier would say there were things he and staff could have done better but I've seen comments like "Well, Napier just coached himself another year at UL" etc. Well, he also just won 10 games for the first time in this school's history just 2 years removed from a 5 win season.

This is a game we would have lost in the past. There is a certain mindset with this team that is special. I'm proud of these guys and what they've accomplished. Can't wait for the next two games.
    Got to give a lot of credit to Evans. That guy is good, really good. I'm glad he is out of eligibility.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Humphrey.
    Humphrey is the transfer from FIU. Ineligible this season and is redshirting.

A ULM fan called our attendance pathetic on Twitter. Anyone else see the irony of that statement?

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Humphrey is the transfer from FIU. Ineligible this season and is redshirting.
    So who is Humphrey? Next Hoax great QB?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post

The other team had scholarship athletes, and were trying to win as well.

In most other seasons we lose that game, and probably the south al game. This year we found a way to win both when not at our sharpest.

We will be ready for App State. I think we bring home the Trophy next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    This will be my last post about the lack of attendance, because a lot of you seem to think it's no big deal.

South Al with ONE win going into the game, Alabama/Auburn weekend, and playing a non-rival in stAte drew 2k more fans than UL playing for a never before in the history of the program 10th win.

Let that sink in or maybe just ignore it.

BTW, last night's crowd was awesome and very energetic. We who were there were passionate and loud. Great win for our guys.
    Literally nobody thinks it’s no big deal.

Now tell me, did all the threads, tweets, Facebook posts etc _____ing, moaning, “calling out” people, etc help? At all? You want better attendance? The last thing you want to do is ADVERTiSE that nobody goes! You want every thing you do to build up the positive nature of attendance. Not put more stink on your product.

21 votes in Coaches poll

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    The other team had scholarship athletes, and were trying to win as well.

In most other seasons we lose that game, and probably the south al game. This year we found a way to win both when not at our sharpest.

We will be ready for App State. I think we bring home the Trophy next week!
    And ULM has shown they are dangerous, particularly on offense. I don't think we disrupted Evans enough and we were outplayed on the LOS on both sides but we got the W, especially when ULM came out with purpose. I don't really care that it took a missed FG. Over the course of a year, teams have plays they have to overcome that can win or lose games. This team has done it all year.

We were terrible on 3rd down (even though we have been great there all year), got beat up at the LOS and couldn't stop the run but we found a way to win. I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    A ULM fan called our attendance pathetic on Twitter. Anyone else see the irony of that statement?
    Link?

I want to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Link?

I want to respond.
    To be fair, whoever said it is correct.

12. Default Re: G12 FB Final: Louisiana 31, ULM 30

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    To be fair, whoever said it is correct.
    Yeah true, but it’s kind of stupid for a 500 pound guy calling a 300 pound person fat.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yeah true, but it’s kind of stupid for a 500 pound guy calling a 300 pound person fat.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I think it's more along the lines of the ULM fan acknowledging what we have here in Lafayette with our facilities, current program, staff and administration, and population. When you look at it from that direction, it is worse than pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Link?

I want to respond.
    Someone tweeted Adam Hunsucker, the ULM beat writer.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information