Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB G12: Louisiana 31, ULM 30

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

Its 1224 AM.. Im too pumped up to even sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Damn the attendance. That game was fun. We were there and it was the most entertaining game I’ve been to in years. The crowed got amped in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Guys. The Ragin Cajuns Digital Network has the entire game with pre and post game from ESPN 1420. Jay's call at the end was crazy!!!! Da freesons!!!!
    What sucks is that the replay is on espnU which I can only get on LUS if i subscribe to some crazy sports package for like 30 bucks extra per month. not gonna pay that to see two games on espnu per season.

Guys I have something to tell y’all...

I was sitting in the south end zone just to the left of the tunnel with my wife, four kids (even the LSU freshman) and mom, dad , lil sister. During the final drive by ULM, I was on my knees on the concrete with my back to the field, praying the Hail Mary Inc Cajun French - Our Lady of the Assumption - Patroness of the Cajun people. Every time I prayed, the crowd was energized and cheered. When I turned to look and watch the next play, ULM had the upper hand.

On the kick I got down on my knees through both timeouts. Then the moment of faith.......as I prayed, the crowd exploded!!! When I looked up at the people sitting behind me, THE FOOTBALL from the kick FELL RIGHT IN BETWEEN ME AND DAD!!!!

It was like the Blessed Virgin dropping an answer to my prayers straight out of heaven!!! My mom grabbed the ball quickly. And gave it to me. I couldn’t believe it. I immediately ran down to the railing and looked for a player or trainer to give it to. I saw Dan McDonald and tried calling his name, to no avail.

As I scanned the south end zone for someone to give it to on behalf of the team, I saw the perfect person......Dr. Bryan Maggard. I yelled at him, but he couldn’t hear - the people around him did. They motioned him my way. I showed him the ball and told him I wanted him to keep it. I said he’d earned it. He tried to avoid it but I pitched it to him anyway. He waved and thanked me.

Meanwhile, I didn’t know there was a flag on the play, so he told me to hold on so we could see what the deal was. Once it was over and the win was confirmed, he gave the ball to his son and they stood at the goal post as the players left the field. I got to high five many ULM and Cajuns players with my kids. Greatest fan moment ever - almost.

Once they’d all left, Dr. Maggard scoped me out in the stands and threw me the ball back. He said “you have this, thanks for coming out and supporting...”. Told him back that he’s done a great job.

Really didn’t feel right to keep a ball at my house that should be in the trophy case for generations of Cajuns and fans to see. While standing there above the tunnel, I saw a few more Cajuns players coming back to the tunnel from the field. God gave me a second chance to gift the ball to the guy who played great the whole game and represented - Raymond Calais. He and I believe Jamarcus Bradley we’re together when I caught his attention.

I told him this was the game ball that missed and won it for us. He lit up like Christmas!!!! He and Bradley held the ball together, shook my hand and said thanks and headed off to celebrate.

I felt so good to get that ball to them...what a game, what a night, what a year. Geaux Cajuns. Merci, Saint Marie’...
    AWESOME story! WOW!!!!

Amen Angel. If only I could describe the look on Calais’ face when I showed him that game ball. I’m 42 yrs old and I almost cried. He and Jamarcus were elated....I was humbled.
    I was about 100 feet to your left.. Saw that moment. Had no idea it was you.. Its burned in my mind forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .......I hated to watch from home but the almost flu had me.....If somebody has the moment after his TD when Calais high fives the little boy....a real keeper... can somebody put it on here?
    . This is what I got...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

. This is what I got...
    Wow wow wow.....something both will remember all their life!!!

Where is the last injury report available? Hunt, Dillon, Butler, McCaskill.....we in trouble.

Where is the last injury report available? Hunt, Dillon, Butler, McCaskill.....we in trouble.
    we are in injury hell right now.. hoping that they can come back.. We had 3 go down today.. not good.. hoping they are just stinger type injuries.

I’m hearing that Hunt is doing a lot better. Monday we’ll know of injury updates at the press conference.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’m done complaining. Yes, I wish we’d run away from these jackholes out like we did to a better Arkansas State team.

But at this point, just win the damn game. If it’s by one point, so be it. Just win.
    Wish granted.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

If I could explain the level of noise that exploded at the moment the ball missed; wow.

I've only felt that deafening a noise one time before - The final play of NOLA bowl 2011. I was behind the goal post, on my knees, back to the goal, clutching my 3 yr old son, praying for a miracle when Baer pegged the 50 yarder. This kick was as loud as that one. I was in shock when I looked up. Thought I was gonna have a stroke.
    That back to the goal tradition of yours is one of the weirdest ever. For you, seeing the ball come flying over after the play is like the beginning of the play

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That back to the goal tradition of yours is one of the weirdest ever. For you seeing the ball come flying after the play is like the beginning of the play
    If it works, who are we to judge? 🙂

14. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. ULM

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    If it works, who are we to judge? 🙂
    He never saw the Baer kick, that won for Louisiana.
    He never saw the ULM miss that won for Louisiana.

Same tradition ... hoping for a diferent result ... with the same outcome.

Two years in a row, ULM managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information