Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Napier will be on every single list in the Southeast. Saban/Dabo coaching tree. We won’t keep him long term, we just have to keep him long enough.

I’d worry more about programs like:
    Texas
    Florida St
    South Carolina
    North Carolina
    Tennessee
    Alabama
    Auburn

Than I would worry about:
    Ole Miss
    Moo St
    Kentucky
    Vandy
    Arkansas

If Napier isn't on most coaching search lists, then UL is screwed. We WANT him on every list.

He will be here next season for a damn good chance at undefeated season. Then he can name his choice and will have track record.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    He will be here next season for a damn good chance at undefeated season. Then he can name his choice and will have track record.
    I truly hope so. There will be some big openings next year. The big two could be Texas and Alabama.

Not sweating it some things are beyond our control I leveled up as much as i can to make sure the RCAF has the $$$ to bring to the table no matter how things shake out. We need to be THE place that attracts the best aspiring young coaches for sustained success.

6. Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

So far Billy hasn’t won much. Two West division titles in a weak conference. Yeah, I’m sure a new AD or one with a failed coach is laying his career on the line this season with Billy. Most of those positions will be filled before bowl season and early signing.

I have a lot of confidence in Nap, but maybe I’d look for a little longer resume.

I think we have an AD that could give him some background on that school!

8. Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Missouri has been a dumpster fire for a while. Practically everyone has been fired.

The one constant about Missouri between the Big 8, Big XII, and SEC is mediocrity to bad with few peaks. Kind of like our MBB coach whose name can’t be mentioned except on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Missouri has been a dumpster fire for a while. Practically everyone has been fired.

The one constant about Missouri between the Big 8, Big XII, and SEC is mediocrity to bad with few peaks. Kind of like our MBB coach whose name can’t be mentioned except on game day.

They had only one successful coach Pinkel. And chase daniels was their joe burrow. The far left has taken over that campus and they are suffering. Plus their uniforms are just a hot mess

So far Billy hasn’t won much. Two West division titles in a weak conference. Yeah, I’m sure a new AD or one with a failed coach is laying his career on the line this season with Billy. Most of those positions will be filled before bowl season and early signing.

I have a lot of confidence in Nap, but maybe I’d look for a little longer resume.
    In just 2 seasons he has UL in position to be in a NY6 bowl in year 3. UL!

An ESPN radio personality referred to Mizzo as a G5 program in a P5 conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    An ESPN radio personality referred to Mizzo as a G5 program in a P5 conference.
    I mean they win the SEC East two years in a row not so long ago. They aren’t as bad as everyone is making them out to be. They could easily be the 3rd best program in the East.

We really need to collectively temper the ny6 talk for 2020. At least until we finish 2019. Haha

14. Default Re: Billy Napier on Missouri List?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    They had only one successful coach Pinkel. And chase daniels was their joe burrow. The far left has taken over that campus and they are suffering. Plus their uniforms are just a hot mess
    I’ve paid attention to them since the days of Dan Devine. I’d hope Nap is patient enough to get a good opportunity. Actually Nap might find the Mac Brown path useful. Recall he went back to OU after being a successful FCS level coach at App State. He then went to Lamerville, UNC, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I mean they win the SEC East two years in a row not so long ago. They aren’t as bad as everyone is making them out to be. They could easily be the 3rd best program in the East.
    Yes, they really are, and no, I don't think easily. Georgia, Florida and Tennessee have large advantages over them. It just happened that all three were historically bad during that Mizzo run.

The main issue he pointed to was the lack of a fertile, regional, recruiting base. Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas aren't recruiting hot beds.

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information