Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: Coaching carrousel has begun

Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

I don't think need worry

2. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Can you shed a little light on the “ETC” stuff - I see you got 4 of’m?
    lol.yea I was just trying to repeat Jay’s call in the NO BowlI was getting soooo into laying an egg again.remember HUD not going for 2 from the 1 and a half yard out and loosing in OT?

3. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    WRONG. Believe what you want but what I stated is fact.
    "Fact is fact and we about to lose by 2" That's fact? I'm buying you a dictionary.

Wait, I thought we won by ONE(1)?

5. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Fact is fact and we about to lose by 2" That's fact? I'm buying you a dictionary.
    Fact, never underestimate the benefits which can be derived from a bad opposing kicker.

Just a thought: We are always worried about losing our coach due to the programs success. Question: Has that EVER happened?

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Just a thought: We are always worried about losing our coach due to the programs success. Question: Has that EVER happened?
    Nope, Cajun FB coaches in the past have seen more opportunities in real estate or oil and gas than head coaching elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Nope, Cajun FB coaches in the past have seen more opportunities in real estate or oil and gas than head coaching elsewhere.
    And that’s a fact!

Hopefully Billy will break that like the 10 win season. Just hoping it’s at least after next season

9. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

.we worked very hard to keep HUDTulane offered (at the time) a huge salary increase and the usual extras,,,,,,,Think T Joe did a great sales job to keep him !

10. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I mean.I get it. But Daddy has a point. If Napier gets a P5 Head Coach offer this year, he’s crazy not to take it.
    Come on? Not every P5 is good for a coaches career. Billy, IMO, seems more motivated by logic than a short term financial gain. I realize every coach worth his pay thinks he can win anywhere, but the smart ones know some places are stacked against them.

Billy knows how deep we are, the assistants he’s accumulated, and the great class he’s bringing in a couple of weeks. His chance for a much better gig goes up after 2020 season.

Bottom line maybe he’s willing to take a risky P5 job, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on that.

11. Default Re: Coaching carrousel has begun

In today’s world if your coach isn’t attractive to others you’ve got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    In today’s world if your coach isn’t attractive to others you’ve got a problem.
    💯

Any chance we keep all of our assistants?

I think we keep the majority of the assistants the GAs, that is a different story.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information